Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratchbuilt Tatra 603

kennb

The interior is progressing. I have the front seat done and door panels. I think the steering wheel is good now since I started that over. I also did some wet sanding. The only trouble spot was on the left rear roof which I have not been pleased with from the start. This is becasue when I put the roof on it was in 2 pieces instead of 1, which is should have been. I have it straighted out now. It still need some more sanding in some of the tight spots and corners but it is almost there. Some people may have suggested that it was too early for the first color coat, but have faith, it will be all right. :angry:

When I started this project I had no clue as to how I was going to build this and just started cutting sheet plastic and bending it. Each day is a series of trial and error in the details, and methods of building. There have been some misteps and tearing parts out and replaceing parts as I went along. This has been a learning process for me using skills that I have gained over the years of building models and real customs cars.I will say that the whole thig has gone better than I had hoped. I am going to hold off for a about a week or two on this so that I can get some special papers, some paint, and more glue. It amazes me how much glue is used in one of these. I bought 1 bottle thinking I would use about half of it. Two bottles later I am still short. :unsure:

P1010003-3.jpg

P1010005-6.jpg

P1010006-4.jpg

There are additional photos on photobucket that I did not post if anyone wants to see more.

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/shutter-bug/2nd%20set/

KennB

Edited by kennb

Hello Kenn! This is amazing!!! You started the building process about nothing and now you have a realistic body and interrior!

Good luck to the finishing, and i can't wait to see the finished model kit!

This is a link that may help you:

http://www.hasznaltauto.hu/talalatilista/auto/MUFT5FIQ6GOR0ICQSDH2QZFS450WOO6YJ4PYHQWSWWQ6ISWZQOSJRKHKHY6JJ3USH4RSDPHG39TEKHKFO6JHITOLTRC8TJQH6Y2YK9MLJ3YTEG2JGFYKOKDLUHFRC6G5EKEA9RITHWE/page1

The final color coat is on the main body. I still need the final sand and clear coat. I will let is set up a few days before I do that. I have to get the chassis painted, then engine detailed and painted and the tires finished. The posted photo will give some tease to the final body finish. <_< I tryed to get 2 places that would show the finish the best.

side.jpg

rear.jpg

KennB

I have been making a little progress this week. I have the interior taken care of and am working on the windows. Still have to add the front and some side glass. This is how it looks today. The rear taillights need to be made yet also.

P1010014-2.jpg

P1010013-2.jpg

P1010015-2.jpg

Comments are welcome

KennB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a final installment on this build. A fitting end to an enjoyable project. I took it ti a model car show this last weekend (my first one at that) and came home with the top prize and first place int he show. I am posting the final photos of the finished project also.

SANY0407-1.jpg

P1010006-6.jpg

P1010008-2.jpg

P1010001-6.jpg

SANY0418.jpg

Kennb