Model Cars Magazine Forum

09 SRT8 Dodge Challenger

Guest Sickfish

Guest Sickfish

Well guys I'm back at it! Yep another Mopar & my 2nd 09 Challenger  I was inspired to build this beauty by the new colour Dodge has released the Challenger in, Envy Green  I saw pics ( downloaded as many as I could ) & just had to build it! I was actually getting some reference pics of the Furious Fuschia Challenger, for my Brazilian mate Cesar, when I stumbled across the Envy Green Challenger. It's bl**dy gorgeous! I haven't noticed any major changes, bar the missing front fender flaps, between the 09 & '11 Challengers, & of course the new wheels... Which are real nice too! Anyway I'm obviously using the Revell 09 SRT8 Challenger kit & basically it'll be box stock. I'm using HOK Limetime pearl, same colour as I used on my ACR Viper. It's not exactly the same colour as Envy Green but it's real close, possibly a shade or 2 brighter? In order to tone the brightness down I used a dark primer 

With the wheels, I think anyone who's got or built this kit know's the rims are too small/undersized & the tyres are rubbish. So this is what I did... Junked the tyres , stripped the rims of their chrome, shaved the rims ( outer rim ) to fit inside some bigger & more correctly sized Aoshima 20in rims. They fitted in nice & firm so I glued them into place, filled any minute gaps around the new sized rim, sanded, primed a couple of time's 'til I was happy. Mixed some matt black with titanium Testors until I thought I had the right tone & painted them. Next I used my silver paint marker to outline the spokes & nuts. Then clear coated them. I decided to slot them in behind the original Aoshima chrome rims, to give the rims a deeper look . I think they look cool now, even though they're not factory correct, but they look way better than using the kit supplied tyre/rim package. Hope you guys like 'em too?

Body/parts have been colour painted & I'll be hitting them with clear coats tonight before masking off all the blacked out areas. I'm clear coating first to protect the colour from over-spray & masking tape residue on the Limetime pearl paint  Hopefully I'll have this knocked out by next week sometime, depending on the weather 

Although I have enough exterior pics of the Envy Green Chally I haven't managed to source any interior pics, so if anyone has any or know's what colour options are avail' for Envy Green interiors, I'd be very thankful if you could post them here or let me know here what's avail'?

Ok here's the pics...

2cb19ee3.jpg

0cfa96c4.jpg

6327c236.jpg

4eb73234.jpg

d30fd5c1.jpg

249acdbc.jpg

Cheers for now guys, Cliffo!

PS: Bosso... You gotta build the Furious Fushcia version now bro 

This is a great start on this build. I love the color and wheels you went with. build it like the top pic. going to be watching this. I have this kit and want to build it like like the one Vin Deisel shows up in at the end of Fast Five....I just need to find more reference pics of it ;)

Guest Sickfish

This is a great start on this build. I love the color and wheels you went with. build it like the top pic. going to be watching this. I have this kit and want to build it like like the one Vin Deisel shows up in at the end of Fast Five....I just need to find more reference pics of it B)

Chris here's what I know... The Challenger from Fast 5 is built by a European Tuning company called IceNineCustoms. Their Challenger is called Icon9. They've also created a Camaro version. Both have serious ponies, north of 750bhp, with the addition of Superchargers 

Here's 2 pics....

e95cc58f.jpg

0dbb0863.jpg

Visit their website... www.iceninecustoms.com for more  Hope this help's mate?

Cheers Cliffo... Oh & thanks for lookin' in 

Guest Sickfish

Cliffo sent you a pm with some 1:1 pictures that may be use full in detailing the engine. The Challenger looks good in the is color. I will be following you on this build.

Thank Dan, but the only pic that I got was the 1 like your avatar? The rest seem to be deleted from your photobucket account?? I have plenty of engine/exterior/interior reference pics though mate. I wouldn't mind some good under-carriage pics though?? I appreciate your effort & kindness for sending me pics Dan 

Currently the Chally is gassing-out, before I mask it all up again to do all the black-out panels/skirting/grill areas 

Cheers guys, Cliffo 

0dbb0863.jpg

no offence, but that is the most pathetic excuse for a billboard decal i have ever seen

it just makes the entire car look like pooh-pooh

Guest Sickfish

No offence to you Eelco, but I really don't care to debate what's right/wrong about this particular Challenger, nor any other subject/topic, unrelated to my build. I merely posted a couple of pics & some info on the Challenger used in Fast 5, for another member who was after some info' on it, info' that I had, & that's where I'd like to leave it. Too many threads wander off topic when the original Postee never intended it to but did nothing to prevent/stop it. Well I will & am... So unless your comments, which will be very much appreciated, are about MY Challenger, then please refrain from saying anything.. Which will also be appreciated. Thanks.

As far as progress goe's... I'll have more to show tomorrow 

Cheers Cliffo 

Chris here's what I know... The Challenger from Fast 5 is built by a European Tuning company called IceNineCustoms. Their Challenger is called Icon9. They've also created a Camaro version. Both have serious ponies, north of 750bhp, with the addition of Superchargers 

Here's 2 pics....

e95cc58f.jpg

0dbb0863.jpg

Cliff... Thanks for the info and posting pics. I will definitely check their website. I appreciate the help. Here are a couple of pics that I found on the web of the Fast Five Challenger.

188417_10150116217552493_38673087492_6880496_5456949_n.jpg

196794_10150116215892493_38673087492_6880460_517096_n.jpg

Now back to your build. really looking forward to seeing more progres with you build. Not sure if this was asked before but what color did you use for the green. Love that color. Thanks again and Cheers Mate!

Guest Sickfish

Chris... Not a problem at all mate  Mate the colour I've used is HOK Limetime pearl 

I've been on nightshift @ work the last few days so haven't done too much on the Chally but I did spend a few hrs wet-sanding the body/parts. I've got a bit of touch-up paint work to do now & then I'll be black-ing out the necessary areas  . Even though I have a few under-carriage reference pics, I'm trying to access some more, then hopefully have those areas detailed too 

Cheers & thanks guys, Cliffo 

No offence to you Eelco, but I really don't care to debate what's right/wrong about this particular Challenger, nor any other subject/topic, unrelated to my build. I merely posted a couple of pics & some info on the Challenger used in Fast 5, for another member who was after some info' on it, info' that I had, & that's where I'd like to leave it. Too many threads wander off topic when the original Postee never intended it to but did nothing to prevent/stop it. Well I will & am... So unless your comments, which will be very much appreciated, are about MY Challenger, then please refrain from saying anything.. Which will also be appreciated. Thanks.

As far as progress goe's... I'll have more to show tomorrow 

Cheers Cliffo 

that reminds me, i like where this build is going, the rims look good, and even though they arent spot on they look the part perfect

Guest Sickfish

Hey Pete... Actually mate I didn't know there was a detail set for the Challenger ... Look's pretty good in the pic  It's a bit too late for me to get/use it now but I wouldn't mind getting it for a future build  How much was it & what's the website??

Here's the hood finished ... Added MCG under-hood material & polished it out... Sorry if the pics aren't too clear 

80c54d1b.jpg

7ffc992b.jpg

e9afa166.jpg

c32a4602.jpg

Cheers Cliffo 

Cliff... Thanks on the paint color i have some of that HOK limetime pearl i was planning on using for a '59 impala. I have to ask did you lay it down over a white, black or silver base? That hood looks great! I love how the black follows the lines on the hood. She sure is a beauty. You have some some amazing work so far. Keep up the great work. Cheers!