Model Cars Magazine Forum

my dodge charger 500

richcrabman

yup, should fit like a glove with little to no modification. If I recall correctly due to variations in kit molds through the years, you might need to add a little bit of plastic styrene on the chassis sides if it's a little bit too narrow (it might not be). I think I actually have a chassis from the '70 Super Bee kit, let me check and get back to ya on that LOL. I'm not in the UK, but maybe shipping won't be super expensive for 1 part. :)

ah cool,thanks michelle ;)

rich

Wad i tell ya Rick, Ain't these folks THE BEST???? Thanks, Michelle, that was REALLY appericiated!!!! Your tha BEST!:);) ;)

you did george ;) ......and there is some great folks on here.friendly,helpful and full of knowlege.

thanks,

rich

LOL never used the chat room here. Also, always happy to help :) I do have a good chassis that I can send you, will you need the rear axle as well? I have the chassis, k member, front steering components, etc. Do you possibly have anything to trade? I'm always looking for modern wheels & tires from/for Tamiya, Fujimi, and Aoshima kits LOL.

LOL never used the chat room here. Also, always happy to help :) I do have a good chassis that I can send you, will you need the rear axle as well? I have the chassis, k member, front steering components, etc. Do you possibly have anything to trade? I'm always looking for modern wheels & tires from/for Tamiya, Fujimi, and Aoshima kits LOL.

Try it somtime Michelle;-)....the chat room that is.anyway yeah the parts.all of the mentioned would be great,so i can improve my charger 500.ok trade is fine,just need to look with what wheels i have.and then I'll get beck to you if that's ok?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi guys , what and where is this Gaydon show ?

It's a classic lorry meet (Pre 1985) but there's also a model truck show there as well, with traders attending for the 2 days, June 11th & 12th, it's held at the herritage centre at Gaydon, I'm going to popping along on the Sunday

richcrabman, congrats for this project. Very nice paint job so far.

Taking opportunity of the subject, why you guys does not indicate the Revell '68 Dodge Charger??? The chassis will not fit in the truck?

richcrabman, congrats for this project. Very nice paint job so far.

Taking opportunity of the subject, why you guys does not indicate the Revell '68 Dodge Charger??? The chassis will not fit in the truck?

Thanks drago.I'm very pleased with the paint.not sure if i should paint the bonnet,or hood as you say in the states the same silver or leave it satin black??

Rich

I took one of the GTX/Roadrunner kits and japped the chassis and and stuff and put it in the FAST AND FURIOUS 70 charger that also comes with all the 69 charger parts and made a much better model then what the craploa comes in the box with.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p407/riknight/PICT0006.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p407/riknight/PICT0008.jpg

and this shows where I had to do a slight modify of the chassis plate to make it fit and you gotta do some trimming of the rad wall

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p407/riknight/current%20projects/fullnotched.jpg

Rich, you were asking about the hood. Well, if you notice it isn't quite a long as it should be. Actually, It's the hood from the Daytona Charger, NOT a stock 68/9 hood. But they were too cheap to fix it before they changed the body molds. Add about a 1/16th or so to the front edge, and then file/sand it to shape. Be careful as you trim it, as you DO need to keep the center line down the middle of the hood. See what I mean about this kit? It's gotta lotta dum things wrong with it, that COULD'VE EASILY been fixed before it was released.Another thing is the split rear valance. Never understood that move either. Oh well....:huh::P

• 4 weeks later...

OK got on with this one as well whilst parts dry for other builds.hope you can see from the pics,that I've painted inside the wheels black to give them more depth....works well i think.

also made a big decision to add a shaker to the charger.the car looks quite bare with such a big hood,so with keeping in with the classic looks of the charger,and a little look of the challenger i thought put the two together and add the shaker.......which is from a heme cuda,and so is the engine.

fits nice a cosy with out having to do much modifying,only to the oil pan.which will need turning round so it clears the steering rack.

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

thats all for now,any comments welcome.................

thanks,

rich

The black in the inside of wheels does look good, athough they do need a set of disk brakes to realy set them off.

As for the shaker, im not sure IMO as im not a fan of that shape one anyway , but thats just my opinion which dont realy count at the end of the day realy.

Looking good overall Rich :mellow:

The black in the inside of wheels does look good, athough they do need a set of disk brakes to realy set them off.

As for the shaker, im not sure IMO as im not a fan of that shape one anyway , but thats just my opinion which dont realy count at the end of the day realy.

Looking good overall Rich :mellow:

thanks peter,your comments are noted.....here are the disks :huh: not painted yet

041.jpg

042.jpg

thanks,

rich

hey Rich, that is shaping up real nice

between you and me though, i would try my hand at making the cuda hood fit, the lines of that shaker just clash with the lines in the hood

it just doesnt look like it was designed to be there know what i mean ?

but if you do decide to keep the charger hood might i make a suggestion ?

get a file and bevel the edges of the hood where the shaker pokes through, it will make the whole thing look much better

(if you look at the cuda hood you'll see that they did the same thing to make it fit nicer)

i really love the way the paint looks by the way, that is a nice mirror :huh:

cant wait to see the interior done :mellow:

hey Rich, that is shaping up real nice

between you and me though, i would try my hand at making the cuda hood fit, the lines of that shaker just clash with the lines in the hood

it just doesnt look like it was designed to be there know what i mean ?

but if you do decide to keep the charger hood might i make a suggestion ?

get a file and bevel the edges of the hood where the shaker pokes through, it will make the whole thing look much better

(if you look at the cuda hood you'll see that they did the same thing to make it fit nicer)

i really love the way the paint looks by the way, that is a nice mirror :lol:

cant wait to see the interior done B)

Eelco,thanks...tell you what you must be a mind reader.ive just choped out the centre bit of the cuda hood and with filling and sanding the charger hood.now the cuda open bit,will now get grafted into the charger hood ;) easy,peasy!

059-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

thanks,

rich

OK well got the hood finally sorted to take the hemi cuda shaker......or so i thought.thee hood after allot of filling and sanding,seems to have bowed and its caused a bit of a gap,as you can see.

so its a case of what to do,to resolve the problem,and get it to fit properly.so for now here are some pics of what its going to look like.not sure weather to paint the hood black ,and have the shaker silver,or have the hood and shaker black. :unsure:

014-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

015-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

thanks for looking,and comments welcome fellas..........

rich