Model Cars Magazine Forum

my dodge charger 500

richcrabman

here is my new build,its a 1:25 mpc erlt charger 500.bought three of these same kits so thought i would make a start.not much to show,just got the body all smoothed and sanded off the raised lettering.i will be adding photo etch at some point.......when i can find something suitable for this car.

OK done lots of wet'n'dry sanding between coats.three coats of primer,four coats of Audi aluminium silver and four coats of HOT lacquer.then wet'n'dry between each coat of primer,paint,lacquer.

then lots,and lots of mer car wax......then polish,polish,polish!!!!!.....thats all for now hope you like.

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

thanks,

rich

Unique car that Charger 500. Too bad Revell didn't try doing this one too off their 69 Charger tool. Use the Daytona rear body with the stock street cars front end (with Coronet grille), an they'da had a MUCH nice kit than the silly mishmash of parts that make up that kit. Your doing a GREAT job of turning a sows ear into a GREAT build! Color is VERY nice on it. If you DO use the Roadrunner/SuperB chassis on it, it'll go a LOOOOONG way towards improveing your hard work on that old warrior!!! :DB):lol:

Unique car that Charger 500. Too bad Revell didn't try doing this one too off their 69 Charger tool. Use the Daytona rear body with the stock street cars front end (with Coronet grille), an they'da had a MUCH nice kit than the silly mishmash of parts that make up that kit. Your doing a GREAT job of turning a sows ear into a GREAT build! Color is VERY nice on it. If you DO use the Roadrunner/SuperB chassis on it, it'll go a LOOOOONG way towards improveing your hard work on that old warrior!!! :lol::D:lol:

plastic frog and George 53.thanks for the kind comments,and its a boost of confedence.sorry I'm not that clued up on using other parts.what will fit,what wont.

so could you explain a bit more on what other kits can be used on this to improve it allot more?........ B)

thanks,

rich

Rich, man, I didn't know you we'ren't HERE. I just saw your in England, sorry for the comment brother. It might be to hard to find the AMT ERTL 68/69/70 Roadrunner Super b kit. It comes with a much more detailed chassis. It can even be made to steer. It might be cost prohibitve to do something like that over there. Here, you can find that kit VERY cheaply, and you might not be able to over there. That being said, your kit there should come with metal rear axle and plastic pins for the front. You can probably rework the axle shafts and front mounting pins to get them big ol rascals to fit, but your right, they sure do go with the idea of the build! :DB):lol:

Rich, man, I didn't know you we'ren't HERE. I just saw your in England, sorry for the comment brother. It might be to hard to find the AMT ERTL 68/69/70 Roadrunner Super b kit. It comes with a much more detailed chassis. It can even be made to steer. It might be cost prohibitve to do something like that over there. Here, you can find that kit VERY cheaply, and you might not be able to over there. That being said, your kit there should come with metal rear axle and plastic pins for the front. You can probably rework the axle shafts and front mounting pins to get them big ol rascals to fit, but your right, they sure do go with the idea of the build! :DB):lol:

yep!...here in england,where you can never get anything :lol: ....apart from plenty of rain.anyway glad you think the wheels go.im going to paint the insides black,and the centre hub aswell.migh do the rest of the wheels a polished steel as i dont like to much chrome,and these do look to toy like.

would you have a pic of the donor kit in question please george?...so i can see what ill be serching for.

thanks,

rich

THAT'S a million dollar question Rich. No,my freind, I unfortunately can't post pics except under certain conditions(like someone ELSE doin it for me!!!!), BUT our other forum brothers ARE quite adept at it and anyone of the know what kit I'm reffering to. Guys can any one of you run a pic of any one of the AMT ERTL 68 RR, 69 GTX, and 70 Super Bee kits for our "Across the Pond" brother???? Not to worry Rich, SOME one WILL come thru, watch!:D:);)

THAT'S a million dollar question Rich. No,my freind, I unfortunately can't post pics except under certain conditions(like someone ELSE doin it for me!!!!), BUT our other forum brothers ARE quite adept at it and anyone of the know what kit I'm reffering to. Guys can any one of you run a pic of any one of the AMT ERTL 68 RR, 69 GTX, and 70 Super Bee kits for our "Across the Pond" brother???? Not to worry Rich, SOME one WILL come thru, watch!:D:);)

;) ....thanks george.then ill see if i can get hold of a kit or two.

thanks,

rich

thanks pete.yeah guess so,and i thought this was a UK based site.

rich

na its American/ Hawaiian run ,if im not mistaken, but it seems strange there are not many UK builders on here , so do you got to shows ? and if so where lol, there are none my neck of the woods ,

im looking to go to the big IPMS show in Telford in November , maybe show a cpl of builds :):D

Edited by PeterC(MrMondeo)

thinking of using these wheels aswell.there from the chrysler 300c.i think they really suit the car,and look a bit like a modern "dukes of hazzard" wheel.

093.jpg

thanks,

rich

wonder where you got THAT idea? LOL just kidding :)

100_0505.jpg

100_0504.jpg

Nice Charger 500, looking forward to seeing more!

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

na its American/ Hawaiian run ,if im not mistaken, but it seems strange there are not many UK builders on here , so do you got to shows ? and if so where lol, there are none my neck of the woods ,

im looking to go to the big IPMS show in Telford in November , maybe show a cpl of builds :):D

oh right.so there is just a handfull of UK builders then?......shows.the only ones i really go to are gaydon truck model show.as i build trucks aswell as cars.but not had much time the last few months,as work got in the way.so now i have some time off,im building everything ;) .......but no shows for me this year.

got holidays booked so there a must.what other forums you on pete?

rich

oh right.so there is just a handfull of UK builders then?......shows.the only ones i really go to are gaydon truck model show.as i build trucks aswell as cars.but not had much time the last few months,as work got in the way.so now i have some time off,im building everything :) .......but no shows for me this year.

got holidays booked so there a must.what other forums you on pete?

rich

this one, an Australian one , IPMS, and i was on a british one till i got banned for swearing lol

ive never done a truck kit , too exspensive and too big , not much room in a 2x bed flat lol

this one, an Australian one , IPMS, and i was on a british one till i got banned for swearing lol

ive never done a truck kit , too exspensive and too big , not much room in a 2x bed flat lol

lol.....yeah i know what you mean about room!!!!.......you only need to do 1 truck kit.see how you get on with a out of a box kit? and there not that exspensive.....£20-35.00 same as some car kits.

ahh an Australian forum?......could be handy that.as ive got a mad max interceptor and MFP police car to build.and would like to get them as acurate as possible.

rich

Very nice Charger there, nice shine on the paint, what paint did you use ?? hopefully I will at Gaydon next weekend.

hi Geoff,it was halfords rattle cans.i think there great to use and great colours aswell....im not going to be etending gaydon this year.will be in greece for two weeks. :)

rich

Michelle, can you run a pic of an AMT 68/9/70 Roadrunner based mopar kit so Rick can see what kit(s) to look for. Or anyone, please?:):D

george.could you just mail a pic to me?.......if so here is my mail address. goodfellas@live.co.uk

thanks,

rich

Michelle, can you run a pic of an AMT 68/9/70 Roadrunner based mopar kit so Rick can see what kit(s) to look for. Or anyone, please?:);)

here they are (box designs may differ through the years - they all share the same nicely detailed chassis w/ poseable front wheels)

1.jpg

CEiYRvgBGkKGrHqNisE0F3cuJ3ZBNSK0njJpg_3.jpg

1.jpg

2458851163_4203d01383.jpg

round-2-mpc-1970-dodge-cornet-super-bee-1-25-sealed-kit-0da91.JPG

Also I used some wide Tamiya tires from one of my other kits :D

yup, should fit like a glove with little to no modification. If I recall correctly due to variations in kit molds through the years, you might need to add a little bit of plastic styrene on the chassis sides if it's a little bit too narrow (it might not be). I think I actually have a chassis from the '70 Super Bee kit, let me check and get back to ya on that LOL. I'm not in the UK, but maybe shipping won't be super expensive for 1 part. :)