Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone have this paintbooth?

I seem to remember someone had one. But I see a muffin fan in back there, ah check this disclaimer out that I found on the companys website.

"•Please do not use this spray booth with hazardous materials, flammable or explosive paints or materials."

http://www.yescomusa.com/product.php?productid=1532&page=1

So it looks like you will be limited to acrylics only with this one, for the sake of safety.

I've got one of these, had if since the beginning of the year, and use it with the ventilation extra hose that fits onto the back, I've used acrylic's, enamel and cellulose lacquer in it, I've just cleaned out the filters this weekend, and while I got out quite a bit of paint dust out of the filters, non had got through to the back part of the filter, so I don't know why they say

"Please do not use this spray booth with hazardous materials, flammable or explosive paints or materials"

I line the inside of the booth with greaseproof baking paper, saves the plastic parts getting all messed up with overspray.

I've got nothing but praise for this unit, and for the price, can't be beaten.

SprayboothLined.jpg

I've just cleaned out the filters this weekend, and while I got out quite a bit of paint dust out of the filters, non had got through to the back part of the filter, so I don't know why they say

"Please do not use this spray booth with hazardous materials, flammable or explosive paints or materials"

Why do they say that? The only reason I can think of is the lawyers. If the filter is adequate to handle all that stuff, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

While you do want to exercise some caution with an open motor like that, if the motor is staying clean and not getting any paint build-up on exposed wires or contacts, I honestly wouldn't worry too much. The whole key is keep it clean.

Cool idea on the parchment paper as a liner.

Doesn't Micro-Mark sell something like this, too?

Charlie Larkin

Is the filter the type that you wash and re-use, or is it disposable? Is is a stanfard size filter I would find at a bigbox store? Do you use this indoors? I planned on my basement workshop as it has access to a window that opens also. I use acrylics 90% of the time.

I think Gregg reviewed this spray booth in the mag last year. Supposedly a great value as the price is very attractive but keep in mind that the blower motor in some of the other units on the market cost more than this booth does!

I think Micro Mark offers this booth along with several others and this one is the cheapest by far. One of the features of this unit over some of the others is the portability of it. Lightweight and easily moved, this is ideal for someone who does not have a dedicated spray area and has to set up and tear down to spray models.

I have been thinking about this one but am leaning more towards a Pace unit as it is sturdier and more to my liking.

I think Gregg reviewed this spray booth in the mag last year. Supposedly a great value as the price is very attractive but keep in mind that the blower motor in some of the other units on the market cost more than this booth does!

I think Micro Mark offers this booth along with several others and this one is the cheapest by far. One of the features of this unit over some of the others is the portability of it. Lightweight and easily moved, this is ideal for someone who does not have a dedicated spray area and has to set up and tear down to spray models.

I have been thinking about this one but am leaning more towards a Pace unit as it is sturdier and more to my liking.

I'd save my money and get something like a Pace or Paasche, a "real" paint booth. Quality and safety wise, you'll be money ahead.

I have the Paashe HB-2216 spray booth with galvanized walls and flooring, and it is incredible. It's easy to clean, swapping out filters is a breeze, and there's lots of room for a Tamiya stand. My only beef with it is it needs its own lighting somehow inside because of how dark it gets in the back, but a good spotlamp behind your seat does help a lot.

PASHB-2216-2.jpg

NOTE: check Amazon every so often and it will pop up from time to time on sale for a little over $110 or so before shipping. Makes it COMPLETELY WORTH IT THEN....

Is the filter the type that you wash and re-use, or is it disposable? Is is a stanfard size filter I would find at a bigbox store? Do you use this indoors? I planned on my basement workshop as it has access to a window that opens also. I use acrylics 90% of the time.

Not sure if the filter is washable, the front one is a 2 part as it's blue on the outside, but has another white layer on the inside, then there's another white filter under that, you can buy new filters for it over here in the U.K for about £6.00 ($10)but as I bought this spraybooth last christmas, and I have used it a lot, the filters don't need replacing just yet, I reckon they should last another 6 months at least.

Yes, I do use the unit indoors, I have it upstairs in my hobby room, and simply pop the window open and put out the extraction hose, you only have to open the window about an inch, because of the shape of the end of the hose.

EXPAB502-1.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

i have this booth as well. i got it for it portability. i dont have a dedicated spraying area, so closing it up and putting it away is nice.

as for the paints? i have used all kinds as well. no problems yet. oh, and i use aerosol. works great with it too. eventhough it does say "for airbrush use" it still works good. i spray indoors upstairs with window open for venting.

i was looking at the paashe one as well. but like i mentioned, i dont have a dedicated spot just yet. soon though i will.