Model Cars Magazine Forum

My brother got mad at me for something that makes no sense. Well I was working on a 49 Mercury, and he hit it with something. Is there any way I can fix it without messing up the paint. Anything will help, I love the paint on this, and I don't want to redo the paint. Thanks.

2011-07-11224516.jpg

2011-07-11224529.jpg

Javier, THAT is a BIG crack, my brother! I myself would use a good liquid glue( I use Ambroid) and get that crack as smooth as I could, then repaint it. I KNOW you didn't want to, but sometimes to save a life ya gotta do what ya DIDN'T want to do. Just life Bro, just life........good luck.

OUCH!!

All I can say is if I had a relative that did that.........lets just say there'd be more than just a

"broken model". :lol:

As the others have mentioned, I would COMPLETELY strip it down, glue the crack with liquid glue (Ambroid's good stuff!) give it some strength underneath with super glue, put on a barrier coat, and then prime and paint.

The more I look at that, the more ticked off I would have been as that was a NICE paint job! :lol:

Edited by MrObsessive

Well, you've already gotten the bad news...

Even if by some miracle you managed to glue the roof together perfectly from the inside (which is almost impossible), you'd still see the crack. There's no way to make it disappear without major bodywork, including repainting.

About the only way that's even possible to save this without a repaint is to glue the crack together absolutely as perfectly as you can, then lightly sand the crack on the outside, mask off the rest of the body and spray on a "vinyl roof."

well it looks like some ones goeing to get it now!!!! ;) well your not the only one here that had his models destroyed by some one else. my sister did the same thing aswell to me but even worser. ;) as what evey one else said glue that crack sand it re paint. its the only way to save that 49 merc. so many of my models were destoyed and in the trash in less than a year by her. :)