Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just a picture test

Guest Gramps-xrds

okay, some help needed here on posting multiple pics without using MS Word. before when i used that process i could load multiple pics into the word document and then copy and paste the whole mess right into place. now just copying and pasting direct i get no more than two pics and they are reversed in the order i want them to be. i tried to add more but it wouldn't allow it?

I agree. That's something I don't know how to do either. I just have to keep two windows open and go back and forth between the Photobucket window and the posting window.

How I do it: Open Photobucket. Copy the IMG code from photo 1 I want to post. Come back here and copy that info into my new post. Go back to Photobucket, copy the IMG code from photo 2 I want to post. Come back here, paste into my new post. Repeat for photo 3, 4, 5, etc. (you have to have both this site and Photobucket open at the same time, but that's just a simple matter of opening up a new tab in your browser and opening both this forum and your photo hosting site.

Good try....But the second image line is not allowed to be pasted.....I pasted Daves with the "image link" above,not using the IMG lines

Harry try to post three in a row.....

Dave,try opening two windows. One for here,one for photobucket. Then copy your photo from photobucket,paste it here,then hit enter. Then copy,paste and enter again.

if you notice the beginning "%7Boption%7D" part when using the MS Word method is not highlighted in blue like the rest. this seems to be the issue with posting pics using that method now. previous to this upgrade, that method worked and worked very well for me here and many other places. works just fine say on any ProBoards hosted forums. what is interesting to note is that it stopped working on the SA forums when they upgraded at some point, i think it was two upgrades ago maybe. when it stopped working on the HAMB i'm not sure as i used to participate in the Sunday Models threads over there until i had the same issue.

what i really liked with that method/process is that it allowed me to copy and paste several pics at a time, i think 5 for me was/is pretty common when i do WIP or finished model pics. so far with the new method i learned today i've been able to get only 2 pics and those are reversed in thier order from what i want them to be.

You can copy them in any order you want.

Exactly!

Two windows or two tabs....not working

POST 3 in a row Harry

I am photo literate....the prob is here I just posted multiples on another forum...no problems

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

How I posted the three previous photos:

In Photobucket, mouse over the photo. The three lines of text appear. Click on the last line that says IMG code. You have just copied that code. Now come back here to your new post and paste that info into your post. Hit enter to get to the next line.

Go back to Photobucket, mouse over the next photo you want, click on the IMG code line. Come back here and paste that info into your post. Click enter again to get to the next line.

Go back to Photobucket, mouse over the next photo you want, click on the IMG code line. Come back here and paste that info into your post.

Repeat as many times as you want.

Geez, guys... I thought we all knew how to do this! :lol:

that's what i did, but it wasn't working for some reason. will keep trying though

I have found that Photobucket can be quite slow in many ways, from signing in to uploading, etc. When clicking on the IMG Code, make sure that you see the word Copied appear in that field when you do so. You may have to do it twice.

I have found that Photobucket can be quite slow in many ways, from signing in to uploading, etc. When clicking on the IMG Code, make sure that you see the word Copied appear in that field when you do so. You may have to do it twice.

What I don't understand is why so many people suddenly don't know how to post photos anymore. Nothing has changed in how you post photos, it's exactly the same way as it always was.

What has changed is for Photobucket to become easier to use, though that shouldn't affect the actual usage. You can still highlight, copy and paste. Earlier this year, they made it so that you didn't have to highlight the complete IMG code to copy it, you could just click on it. I don't know why that would make any difference.

And Dave, why would the Word approach be any easier to use for multiple images? You can copy and paste image codes directly into your post rather than taking the Word step.

Edited by sjordan2

What I don't understand is why so many people suddenly don't know how to post photos anymore. Nothing has changed in how you post photos, it's exactly the same way as it always was.

Then it is Obvious that the new forum software did change it......We didn't change Harry.....The forum did .

Actually, a lot of members here really need to update their web browsers. This new forum software will NOT work correctly on ancient browsers.

Get the latest Firefox, Chrome or Safari and your problems will disappear.

Or IE9....works great and is better than firefox or chrome.........REALLY Harry!!!

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

something changed somewhere along the way. like i mentioned earlier i've been using the MS Word method since i've been posting pics online and it's only been up intil recently with some websites that it's stopped working that way. whether that's different internet providers or services or what i have no idea, i'm no computer whizz, not by any stretch of the imagination. i'm not trying to argue that the MS Word method was the "right" way to be doing it, but it's the way i learned years ago and it had worked quite effectlively only up until the last year or so.

What you were doing was copying the Photobucket info and pasting it into Word... then copying the info from Word and pasting it here. All you ever needed to do is copy from Photobucket and paste directly here. Pasting to Word and then copying and pasting from Word to here is completely unnecessary.