Model Cars Magazine Forum

4300 Eagle outside pics 8/4/11

thanks guys, Dave I started to detail the sleeper but the doors were a nightmare so I glued them shut,LandonI don't know where the tires are from, they were in some parts I got a long time ago. They are a little taller than the kits and the are a very soft rubber

thanks guys, Dave I started to detail the sleeper but the doors were a nightmare so I glued them shut,LandonI don't know where the tires are from, they were in some parts I got a long time ago. They are a little taller than the kits and the are a very soft rubber

Chris, this is one real nice truck. I like just about everything on it, the Cat 3408, the front fender flaps, the paint colors for the body and frame, the square horns, the bigger battery box, the expert application of the decals, all nice detailing! By the way, I think the tires you have on there are from either one of the Revell Peterbilts 359 or "353" or Kenworth K100 Aerodyne from the original "trucks of the world" kit series.

Edited by Z06Bob

What color did you paint the engine I had thought they were the metallic blue

Only the international engines were blue, the cat should be red but I couldn't bring myself to paint the engine red, so its cat yellow.

It's hard to tell from the pics but the rear tires are Revell and the front tires, if they are solid, soft rubber and say "Unisteel II" on the sidewall, they are from a Revell diecast Peterbilt.

• 2 weeks later...