Model Cars Magazine Forum

OK Robert81 here is U'r request. Our R34 given to us by a friend who says we needed a decent car to run round in while in the city, yep this car will sit 4 days a week in a secure location til it's fury is released on Friday evening til Sunday night each week.

000_1374.jpg

Rear end

000_1376.jpg

Almost 3/4 front view

000_1472.jpg

Under bonnet front engine shot

000_1470.jpg

Yep the rocker cover says it's twin turbo

000_1473.jpg

The Dash

000_1474.jpg

The seating arrangements Hope U like 'em

000_1475.jpg

Now we R lazy with power windows.

Note all roll cage & bar work has been removed so it can be legal for road use, as part of the win we where given all the bar work just in case we want to comp the car but that will not happen as I'm too old an no longer interested in comp work anymore except for watching it on TV.

Dingo :rolleyes:

;) Very clean and sweet, you don't see too many with them, on here at least. Then again, everywhere else doesn't have the "oh my god, is that an R34???" image like here in the States. It's like the only car kids know about. Very cool and nice to see that someone was putting it to good use before you. ;)

What you mean no more competition!? :blink::D

Edited by Nick F40

One of these days...........

camaro1208001.jpg

This is it today

Got it in 1995. It was our daily driver for 2 years then I got the big idea to rip it apart. Said I would have it done in a year. Said that in 97. LOL

myfamily-1.jpg

My driver today is a 2000 Saturn Wagon. No pics of it.

OK Robert81 here is U'r request. Our R34 given to us by a friend who says we needed a decent car to run round in while in the city, yep this car will sit 4 days a week in a secure location til it's fury is released on Friday evening til Sunday night each week.

000_1374.jpg

Rear end

000_1376.jpg

Almost 3/4 front view

000_1472.jpg

Under bonnet front engine shot

000_1470.jpg

Yep the rocker cover says it's twin turbo

000_1473.jpg

The Dash

000_1474.jpg

The seating arrangements Hope U like 'em

000_1475.jpg

Now we R lazy with power windows.

Note all roll cage & bar work has been removed so it can be legal for road use, as part of the win we where given all the bar work just in case we want to comp the car but that will not happen as I'm too old an no longer interested in comp work anymore except for watching it on TV.

Dingo :angry:

You are one lucky son of a gun, i can only wish that those were legal over here in the states :P

You are one lucky son of a gun, i can only wish that those were legal over here in the states :P

I've seen a few gray market Skylines in the states, in CA and CO...mostly R32s, but I've seen a couple R33s and R34s. Would be hard to drive a RHD car in the US, I think.

Speaking of 1:1s, my '00 Grand Cherokee will be hitting 100k miles tomorrow. I've had it since new, just under 9 years now. Been very reliable.

Edited by Rob Hall

I got this for my birthday last week. A right time, right place kinda situation. It's a '94. It's got 110,000 miles. Everything works. It really is in great shape other than the missing panel between the tailights. The original owner cried over the envelope of oil change receipts that she gave me. How much for this modern day classic? ( I've wanted one for years)

miatafrt-1.jpg

$800

I'm so stoked.

I sold my trusty Stanza for the $500 I paid for it five years ago. It was a really good car, but I couldn't resist.

So for $300 out of pocket, I lost 80,000 miles and gained more than 10 miles per gallon. And a few style points.

The more I drive it, the more I love it.

Edited by samdiego

I dont think I posted this one here yet.

heres a old pic of my 12 sec street VW engine.

64079.jpg

and the heap it was in

166015.jpg

113697.jpg

103459.jpg

I sold it a few years ago to a chopper builder and it had a few seconds of fame on his show. I really wish I still had it.....

Im looking for an oval or split for the next one.

66vw, with 2276cc's 48IDA's caldwell recaps 208 HP at the flywheel on pump gas. Der Transaxle shop prostock geared, welded and gusseted gear box.12.88 @ 104mph with 1.65 60 ft times. pure rush to drive...

Man I miss it...

Edited by TxRat

I've seen a few gray market Skylines in the states, in CA and CO...mostly R32s, but I've seen a couple R33s and R34s. Would be hard to drive a RHD car in the US, I think.

Speaking of 1:1s, my '00 Grand Cherokee will be hitting 100k miles tomorrow. I've had it since new, just under 9 years now. Been very reliable.

last i heard it was illegal to drive a rhd car over here, ut now that i think of it, my neighbor does have a rhd jeep(but he delivers mail) I saw a r34 when they were still pretty new around my town, i havent seen it since though.

Guest Mustang3.8
last i heard it was illegal to drive a rhd car over here, ut now that i think of it, my neighbor does have a rhd jeep(but he delivers mail) I saw a r34 when they were still pretty new around my town, i havent seen it since though.

We have quite a few right hand drive vehicles up here. It's legal in Canada, Jeff. My old neighbor has a RHD Toyota Land Cruiser diesel.

Edited by Mustang3.8

Well, the Lincoln finally died. I was taking it to the pawn shop last month to finish raising money to buy my house, and as I was pulling away from the light at Corunna and Ballenger, she threw a rod (blast it all). Hey, I've had the thing for almost five years, and I did pay only $350 for it, so I can't complain. Yes I can- I loved that car :) . Now, will someone puh-leez buy my Healey so I can find a nice mid- 90's Cutlass or Grand Am coupe?

84continental.jpg

84continental2.jpg

Hey guys just to make U even more jealous although I doubt it, U'all seem to be great guys on this forum, the Skyline is not only an R34 but an even rarer M-Spec model. I've been told there are not many of these types around anywhere let alone here in Oz ( 100 only????) so it really has to be steal/proof and that it is, it has a couple of secret things that does prevent theft but I ain't saying & wild horses would pull it out of me.

000_1376.jpg

Repost for this thread only rare M-Spec model, believed to be only about 100 in Oz & 3 in my home state of South Oz.

Dingo ;)

I finally have a ride I'm not ashamed to post...

New 2010 Camaro RS, V6, Inferno Orange Metallic, Inferno Orange and black leather interior. 20 " polished aluminum wheels. I had GM mud flaps and door sill plates purchased separatly. I will also be having ghost rally stripes in Pearl Cinnamon shot some time this year.

Since it's my daily driver I didn't want or need the 426HP V8. I ordered it back in October and it was worth the wait. Everything a midlife crisis should be and the best part is the Mrs. loves it.

IMG_1409-vi.jpg

IMG_1410-vi.jpg

myPlatenew1-vi.jpg

My wife. 1981 Z28. We've been together 23 years.

Camaro81Z28whiteActionGM03.jpg

My girlfriends. I bought the 1970 454 SS El Camino in 2003. My brother owns half of it. I bought the 1981 Vette in 2006.

ElCamino70SS454redcollege.jpg

89e08674-b1b4-4ac5-addb-b181d46447d.jpg

My daily driver is a 1999 Honda Accord.

Edited by leereyn

Hey guys just to make U even more jealous although I doubt it, U'all seem to be great guys on this forum, the Skyline is not only an R34 but an even rarer M-Spec model. I've been told there are not many of these types around anywhere let alone here in Oz ( 100 only????) so it really has to be steal/proof and that it is, it has a couple of secret things that does prevent theft but I ain't saying & wild horses would pull it out of me.

000_1376.jpg

Repost for this thread only rare M-Spec model, believed to be only about 100 in Oz & 3 in my home state of South Oz.

Dingo :D

:D:P:P:o:o

You gotta be kidding me!!!!

Yes those are super rare! dont ever get rid of it! It would be even better if you can get the stock wheels! and worth more!

My wife. 1981 Z28. We've been together 23 years.

Camaro81Z28whiteActionGM03.jpg

My girlfriends. I bought the 1970 454 SS El Camino in 2003. My brother owns half of it. I bought the 1981 Vette in 2006.

ElCamino70SS454redcollege.jpg

89e08674-b1b4-4ac5-addb-b181d46447d.jpg

My daily driver is a 1999 Honda Accord.

you have a wife and a girlfriend???? you lucky sucker!!!

Nice 'vette :D

000_1376.jpg

Dingo :D

Okay, Quit Rubbin it in ya got a Skyline.

I'll be right over for a test drive as soon as I get a plane. :D

It'll be the first car I run out and get when I win the Lotto.

All I gotta do is find that winning ticket.

Who has it?

Awesome Car.