Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Mustang GT500 1/12 Scale, Hawaiian Style

Gregg

I saw the pre-production model at NNL east this year... Just my kind of model; I tried endlessly to get my hands on a pre-release model to do some resin body kit parts for this car; but just couldn't get one. I have ordered a couple; and will be chopping up at least one donor, so I can do wheel arches, new front and rear fascia panels, rockers, and a rear splitter.... A couple of new hoods may be in order as well....The 1:1 car is hugely popular; so there are a lot of possibilites....just the modern ford V8 alone will be awesome to transplant into other 1/12 scale projects....like the trumpeter GT40! Now we will be able to do a superformance version of the GT40.... I just hope my gimpy hands will let me keep up with all of the possible builds from this new kit.......Matt

Edited by monkeyclaw

That thumbnail opened just fine - nice paintwork!

Brian, the only difference was I did not embed the image into the post.

I won't do that anymore.

I guess there's a glitch.

I will let Invision support know.

Thanks.

Looking great Gregg!!

As far as aftermarket parts, I would like to see wheels and a hood to convert it to a Super Snake:

I was thinking about the Super Snake also.

I also wanted to do that to the 2010 Mustang, but I don't have it anymore.... :(

Looking great Gregg!!

As far as aftermarket parts, I would like to see wheels and a hood to convert it to a Super Snake:

Oooh, you have a great taste for cars David, I like that a whole lot. And I saved the pic, thanks. :)

Yes, I think (secretly hoping) the after market really comes alive for this, it will open up a plethora of options. B)

Can't wait for mine to arrive now.....just so I can check wheel/tyre options. :D

Gregg, she looks absolutely stunning in black with the white stripes applied too....very, very sweet job. B) B)

• 2 weeks later...