Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cursing....Really?

Forgive me of making a pointless thread :) I do realize there are a handful of moderators in here. The thread was not intended for them to crack down on it, for it would require to much for them to locate every bit. It was more as a reminder of the rule and also watch out for the young ones. Unlike some of you, they may not know any words yet. Even if this site is ones of the thousands he/she could still be cut off. Doesn't matter to most of you anyway. It is a lot of work to keep a forum this size running smoothly, and for the few that work on keeping it clean and drama free I commend them for it. Rules are rules all Gregg ask and the rest of us "do gooders" ask is that the rules are followed. I may break a few without realizing it but I do my best to follow them. Someone once told me that cursing is a sign of a weak mind. Some in here have stuff that come out of their mouth or keyboard I wouldn't hold in my hand. Moderators you can delete this if you please to keep the rest of the drama down.

I don't understand what all the talk is about,but I do support a clean forum board for alot of reasons.I know we all can say bad words in a heated monment.and some can not think separate from there writing.I know people who write the way they talk.but I believe and was taught to be respectful to others so I've always tryed to watch what I say...I was raised in a LDS home and I still obey the way i was taught.I can say bad words as well as anyone else...we all can.but it is the write thing to do and safer for any kids that mite be on here.I support no cussing on this board or any others boards.Thanks,Chris

Profanity in any form will not be tolerated here on the MCM forums , One person has been banned today behind profanity, and anyone else caught doing it will suffer the same fate. I don't use profanity and i don't want young ones to have to be subjected to the use of it either. Please keep your potty mouth confined to your private life.

Ok, now Chuck and Harry are "swearing" in British-ese! What is this world coming to?

I am quite in favor of not swearing but not because of some poorly thought out concern for the bambini. It's a matter of taste for me. It is vulgar and as the world gets more and more vulgar I would like some escape and refuge from it. I am all in favor of clever and artful swearing but Gregg doesn't allow that either and who would be the judge of it, anyway? I am cool with the idea that this is Gregg's house and we should respect the rules of the house.

Ok, people... I think we've gotten just about all we're going to get out of this thread. And do we really need to know about Chuck's "wild gesticulation?" :lol:

No problem, no violations, no harm, no foul... I just think it's time to put this one into the archives... don't you agree?

Next topic, please... :D