Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the China deal? Model kits are made there, TVs, cell phones, DVDs, and on and on. Most of the electronics in our autos/trucks are from China.

The truth is you cannot really get around it. There are some things that are not made there but the prices are so high some of us cannot do it even if we wanted to.(would buy all American if I could) Even the stuff made here undoubtedly have some foreign made parts. :(

aah crud, they use to be made in the US. now they are made in china, taiwan and some in US. shot in the dark to see what is still made in US..lols

oh well for that. well best of luck on finding a US made compressor for 100 bucks. yard sales, salvation army and pawn shops are good places to look.

I think you are out of luck on a US made compressor for $100, at least with a new compressor. I just did a quick search and the only US made compressors I found were well out of that price range, most being commercial grade equipment (expensive and large).

Mi-T-M is a company based in Iowa that does a smaller compressor, but their smallest is a 5 gallon compressor for $400.

I've had a 2 gallon Craftsman for about 10 years. It is noisy but has been trouble free.

• 3 weeks later...

ok situation for the air compressor taken care of! now i need help with an water trap for it! anyone?

Badger's 50-054 regulator/moisture trap was made in the USA last time I checked...

You can get one on Amazon. Search "Badger regulator"

Sorry I wasn't in on this thread from the start, I would have recommended you get a CO2 set-up. Probably would have been looking at right around the same $$$ amount as a compressor/moisture trap/regulator, and you'd be supporting a local business (welding gas supplier/beverage distributor) in your area. But you might have had the same problem finding a CO2 regulator that is made in the US as well. I have an ancient Norgren that was, but I think they're made in China now as well.

I'm a good ole American Yankee Doodle guy that tries to buy American made, and I know I got a bunch of Chinese made stuff. If you really don't want anything made in China I suggest you start emptying your house out. Another thing, remember that if you spend an extra 100 bucks on that USA compressor it might be assembled with a percentage of Chinese parts. It's not legal, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) says so, but it happens because there are ways around it. I worked for Chrysler for 41 years and I know about content law. You think your car is USA made with USA parts? Maybe you better get rid of your ride as well. If you buy a Chinese made compressor for your hobby airbrushing it will most probably out last you. Or by the time it fails you would have gotten your moneys worth out of it. Now if you were looking for something for a business, I might look for something bigger and better, like a big Chinese made compressor (lol). Just my thoughts on this, no harm meant.

Ken

I bought the 1 gallon Campbell Hasufeld compressor from Walmart for likr $%0 about 10 years ago. It is higher than that now but it has worked flawlessly the last 10 years. it has a built in regulator. All you would need is a moisture trap for it.

Same here. Paid $60 for it 9 years ago and have had no problems with it.