Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Another update, Got the front struts installed and let me tell you this one kicked my butt, This is definatley the hardest part so far. I have probably close to 14 hours in just what you see in the front end, alot of thinking and head scratching. I built the lower arms out of brass and soldered together, Probably made 6 sets before i was happy with the outcome. I still have gussets to add to the upper mounts and some more bars on the main hoops. then i will start on the steering, I also need to make some brake rotors for the front. The Photo etched ones and the TDR ones are to big. I'm thinking the ones off a 1/12 tamiya bike might work.

e9bc2f8e.jpg

3b11684d.jpg

3bb2bef0.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe... that front end is out of this world and.looks great. I know all too well what its like to put that many hours into things. I can relate to you very well in that area and see how ou put 14 hours into it. Funny how we do bit wjen you get it right. it makes it all worth it in the end. I cant wait to see more of this build. it is turning out fantastic so far.

Started on the frontend mounts, will have pictures tommarrow night when it is finished. Over the weekend i plan on cuttingt he body up, But i noticed a problem with the body. The tops of the door lines were the windows are is evenly spaced on both sides, The problem is the lines running down to the rockers are crooked and not even in size. I was thinking i can cut out a piece of styrene to the upper demensions to use as a guide for cutting out the doors then secure it to the doors using some 00-90 bolts to make sure it doesn't move, anybody else have any ideas or insight on this?

Rom, I don't think a picture would actually show up good for you to see what mean.

Dave that sounds like a good idea, I wonder if it will guide the blade straight to get the lines started?, that's why I was thinking of bolting the styrene on , figured it would make a good guide. Hoping not to mess up the lines.