Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darrell Waltrip v8 supercar hotlap

I'm not sure. I never was at Mount Panorama, but I raced the 'Ring, Spa, Zandvoort, did my share of rallying through the woods of Finland and Wales, and did 25 years on short ovals with post-and-rope fence in 700+ hp BriSCA F1 Stockcars. Add skiing, climbing, and two times doing the full motorcycle TT and two times each participating in the 24h of Spa, the 'Ring, and Le Mans. I co-campaigned a Fuel Funnycar back in the 80s and I'm doing it again now.

I consider myself definitely not one of the easily scared.

However, for some odd reason, I believe if Mr. Waltrip took me around Darlington for barreling a hot lap in one of those motherless 3000lbs 5.8 litre Monte Carlos of his, I'd soil me knickers. A pimped roundabout with concrete walls is certainly not for the faint hearted at 200+.

Edited by Junkman

Only meant as in watching it. I am into drag racing more than oval. As far as that goes I would love to ride in a NASCAR, or even the Australian super-cars. NASCAR in the road course is something totally different. As to putting NASCAR to shame, this should be more of what they should do. I realize also that the U.S. is more circle track and 1/4 mile straight tracks. The road courses have more challenges, in turn makes it more interesting to watch.