Model Cars Magazine Forum

draggin waggin

J3_AIRBRUSH

It will look good! Only thing, I'd like to do different way, is those tires and wheels. They are way too small! I mean, that keep them 15" but tires must be much higher profile, in the front and especially rear. Wheels are ok.

It will look good! Only thing, I'd like to do different way, is those tires and wheels. They are way too small! I mean, that keep them 15" but tires must be much higher profile, in the front and especially rear. Wheels are ok.

They are slot car wheels, looks like this will do more then sit on a shelf!

Yes, I can see that they are Slot Car wheels and tires, but they are too low profile for my taste anyway, it doesn't matter if they are Slot Car tires or not. ;) It would be nice to build one Slot Car, I just don't know, how to build one. :D

Yes, I can see that they are Slot Car wheels and tires, but they are too low profile for my taste anyway, it doesn't matter if they are Slot Car tires or not. ;) It would be nice to build one Slot Car, I just don't know, how to build one. :D

Hey Niko, actually from a Slot Car perspective it does matter because the Back Wheels you are limited to about 3 diameters ( 1 1/16 up to 1 5/16" then come in different widths). I use to build Drag Racing Slot cars and stopped due to my local track the owner passed away and no one wanted to take the shop over.

The thing that can be done is to change out the front tires, since they don't touch the track anyway he could run regular Front Runners. You know... less touching the track, the less resistance you have and the faster your car can potentially go based on weight displacement and motor.

I understand that, but I was just thinking, how it could look better. I've never raced with Slot cars, so I don't know all of the "tricks". I was just thinking about how it looks. Maybe I must build one Slot Car, just for fun. Home made one, of course even if it would be slow. :D