Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Race Car 55 Chevy Pro Sportsman

SteelyEd

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this one finished. If you notice some of the sponsor decals are changed from the earlier photos. I made startling surprise when I unmasked where I painted the silver bumpers, I shot a couple coats of clear on the body a few days earlier, when I pulled off the tape, only a few minutes after shooting the silver some of the sponsor decals came off with the tape. So after some major blessings, I scrambled some replacements and put them on and shot some more clear to blend it all out. Lesson learned, do all painting before applying decals. I’m going to the Lone Oak model show this weekend and see how it does, never been to this one before. Thanks for looking and following along, even though I took a really long time to finish it.DSCF0063.jpgDSCF0064.jpgDSCF0065.jpgDSCF0067.jpgDSCF0068.jpgDSCF0069.jpgDSCF0070.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks guys! I took it to two shows, one in Texas and the other one here in Louisiana, It took First Place in Drag Cars at both shows. I used the insulation off of 12 gauge electrical wire. I was lucky the insulation is soft rubber like and really compressed nicely under the 30 gauge wire I used to wrap around them.

• 2 weeks later...