Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished up my first of many more Lonestars

Moebius Models International Lonestar built basically straight out of the box. I painted the truck with duplicolor Rose and Metallic black. The in interior was also 2 toned with Apple Barrell acrylics. I added a pop up dvd/cd/radio combo from Fujimi. There is also a pop down screen in the sleeper from the same set. I also added an amp and cut open the bottom of the couch/bed from the kit to add speakers. There is a scratcbuilt PS3 and controller and a few other detail parts. The rear mud flaps have photo etch flames from Detail Masters. The Trailer is a Amt Lowboy with the bed re planked balsa strips and the weather helicopter is an only revell kit.

TONS OF PICS http://www.way2manyh..._lonestar.shtml

International_transtar02.JPG

International_transtar18.JPG

Very nice job, the sleeper is excellent!!! Love the wood floor and all the detail on the cabinets. Tell me I have this model and going to build it, is there any problems I should know about? My compliments on a VERY nice job!!!!!! All you guys take it to the next level and do a very nice job doing that. :)

The only problems where my doing The little chicken lights aare a B**ch to work with but look nice when inplace. and I modified the hood hinge as i didnt like how it lined up. The 3 things I would change on the kit would be

1. the instructions ( I like the picture style not this chilton manual style)

2. The chicken lights maybe could be a one piece that attaches from the back side?

3. The breathers (not sure here just dont like the look f them together)

Other then that what a great kit from a great company KEEP BUYING THEIR KITS and they will keep making them

Adam

Very nice job, the sleeper is excellent!!! Love the wood floor and all the detail on the cabinets. Tell me I have this model and going to build it, is there any problems I should know about? My compliments on a VERY nice job!!!!!! All you guys take it to the next level and do a very nice job doing that. :)

The only problems where my doing The little chicken lights aare a B**ch to work with but look nice when inplace. and I modified the hood hinge as i didnt like how it lined up. The 3 things I would change on the kit would be

1. the instructions ( I like the picture style not this chilton manual style)

2. The chicken lights maybe could be a one piece that attaches from the back side?

3. The breathers (not sure here just dont like the look f them together)

Other then that what a great kit from a great company KEEP BUYING THEIR KITS and they will keep making them

Adam

Thanks for the tips Adam, I'll keep this in mind when building it. I have to agree, the instructions are pretty neat but the require some getting used to.

Nice build, good classic color combination, it suits this truck very nicely.