Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

I bought some decals from Model Garage. As well as some bezels. Not sure it's the right fit/thing. Stumped for now.

It's supposed to look like this.

images.jpg

1966_Porsche_904_GTS_Clone_For_Sale_Interior_1.jpg

Drill them out. Rings could be done using alutube in correct diameter. I guess Fujimis 356 have simular "clocks". If You find one You could use as donor. If not I might be able to help You there, as I have some 356's I will use as donors anyway. Also remove those silly knobs from the kit dash. If You stretch some sprue, then cut it in the ends, where it get thicker, You have some very close replicas.

I just love Your work done to this Porsche. Just looking, I know You'll have no problem replicating the rest.

A tip conserning pedals. Heat some sprue, then use a 9884_600x300.jpg, or another plier, that have a simular pattern to the pedalsurfaces. Sand down to wished for thickness.

Cheap, and simple.

Yea, its almost stripped, I should have it back in white by tuesday, I didnt wait long enough for the white to cure, so when I pulled the masking tape off, you could see where it was, I have no idea how long I should let Model Master lacquer cure for, but probably more then a day :lol:

I think I am going to start on this , came today, its looks to be a really simple kit to build, I want something simple to get me out of this rut I am inthere really is not a lot to this kit, three part trees, one of them is the chrome parts. It does have an engine. I am going to be doing this one in a green color, not sure of the interior color yet, need to do some research first.

p1-9.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Pual, the 67 Ford Mustang is suppose to fit it but only the chassis,wheels and motor R any good I then have to go out and buy the interior as it is completely different to anything on the market. We Aussies knew how to build a great 60's - 70's muscle car using the floor pan of the Mustang but from there on it was pure Aussie. Oh and by the way if U think it looks like the Falcon of that era well there is some resemblance but that's all, where U had 2 doors we put in an extra 2 at the back.

AlpineRallyFordFalcon.jpg

Paul U may be able to see that our Falcon is some what longer and the 2 extra doors making it a 4 door oh yea by the way back then it was the fastest 4 door sedan in the world topping out at around 150mp/h.

Dingo B)

Nice to see you back, the BMW turned out very nice sSig_goodjob2.gif

I have no idea about the race car CBP, and if thats going to take off or not

Yes! Then I can post my GT-One prog (which I'm gettin back on, Johnathan) on that, and my [secret] on this one!

That is exactly the hassle i mean. i already have 2 accounts i really use, plus all the extra stuff. usernames, passwords.... ive got 100 different accounts out there!

Besides, using the gallery is in support of this forum, and there's no upload limit.

What about a raceDAY CB? We could have a dio (obviously a huge one) that's a racetrack! And the builds pretty much have no limits. Vendor booths, grandstands, people of course, trucks with trailers, media coverage, the pits- that'd be so cool. My grandpa had a train dio in his garage, and anyone in the neighborhood could add to it.

Of course a scale would have to be agreed upon, but that shouldn't stop an idea like this, it would be epic.