Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Those wheels look great Lawrence , love the detail .

Hope you can sort the paint out on that Jonthan , it looks too good to start again .

The weather held long enough to get the wheels painted and on the FJ , but not enough to take it outside and photograph it :( (rained all long weekend with a friend and her kids staying here with my two as well so definitely no model time , was good fun though) .

done.jpg

The wheels look good, you did a good job on them, doing some rain pics would be pretty cool, you dont see to many weather pics of models to often

I have a few ideas, one is I might try and see it will wash off, if not, then after I get the black on, I will then do one more white coat, of course letting it cure long enough

And the wining kit is, the Jag, I posted a poll on another site, and the Jag and the 240 Z were tied, but with the votes for it in here, makes it the winner. I will be starting it soon.

Edited by martinfan5

Looks great Ian, well done !

Seems we are all having ups and downs at the moment, that's modelling eh?

Jonathan, don't forget the fun I had with my Jag at the beginning of this thread, I ended up gluing the hood shut after lots of work on the engine :(

Finished the Alfa this evening, quite happy with the way it turned out.

001-17.jpg

005-20.jpg

Edited by maltsr

that alfa is hot i like that alot. I got some other stuff goin on the 458. I got the wheels on the chassis and did something different with the interior. All the pix i found of the Italias with THESE seats had black interior. And I took some creative license on the seatback.

post-9517-0-49274700-1339468246_thumb.jp

yeah i got it at oreilleys well u can get it about anywhere with an autopaint section. oreilleys seems to have the best selection ive seen. I used it on the Testarossa engine block too. Ford Medium Charcoal Metallic.

Edited by Scuderia

The perfect match runs pretty thin. and its kinda sticky. if tht makes any sense. the bright side is it's almost foolproof really. I love the stuff. It has the most horrible odor, and is guaranteed to gimme a headache the morning after a good spray day. I need to upgrade my mask of choice.

I want to see the how the stealth looks with the black pearl, and I think thats a good choice for the stealth, black is a stealthy color :lol: , I used duplicolor uni black on my stealth , thats one of the ones I had problems with

I should have it in paint by sunday I think. Its a black with some metallic in it.

Well I found another old unfinished build so will bring it into here , somewhere around 1996 I started this one but the white paint bled under the tape and my nice shiny green painthad huge white dribbles on it so it got put back in the box till I could find out how to strip it ... Well , now I've found out so here it is after being cleaned and scrubbed (no idea what paint I used back then but it refused to come off ...) and ready for primer . It's sitting on some original sales brochures I have for the full size mini that it's modelled off so have plenty of resource material .

cleaned.jpg

brochures.jpg

If anyone is ever after resource material for mini builds give me a yell , I have over a hundred brochures from around the world starting in 1959 up to around 1997 , I'm happy to scan and email anything anyone is after .