Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Wow , the black underneath really makes that paintjob , it looked good just red and white but the black is hot .

Got some paint on the mini , still ended up with a misting of white on the boot/trunk lid :( Also got an odd reaction from the tape on the front right guard but hopefully both of these will polish out .

fujpaint2.jpg

fujpaint.jpg

hi guys,

some progress here.

tires weathered and stenciled. one racing harness assembled and installed (clean up still required). and drilled out dash and have installed toggle switches, starter button and will assemble new gagues asap.

3f23e9bab8b711e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

14304d20b8b711e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

e79bac50b8b611e1b2fe1231380205bf_7.jpg

Been working on a few 458's, one of them is a glue bomb I did, so I took it apart, and here it is after being repaited, I used model master ford royal blue lacquer shot over a aluminum base coat, the body is in bad shape, the pics hide all the problems, and the paint is darker in person. No clear coat yet

f1-8.jpg

f2-7.jpg

Thanks guys, I still have a lot more decals to apply on the nissan, I picked up the 458 thats in red to replace the glue bomb.

I agree, the 458's look mean with black wheels, the both will look a little meaner when I am done.

I work better, and get results when I work on more then project at a time.

Here is a little update, got the glass painted, this was the first time I masked and spray painted window glass, I normally just brush it , I used Tamiya semi gloss black

p1-43.jpg

the head lights and taillights and mesh screen have been installed

n2-1.jpg

n1-1.jpg

And more of the decals have been put on

n3.jpg

Starting a new build, why, I dont know, I still have a few to finish up. Up next is Revells release of the Audi R8 spyder, I am not really a fan of the R8, but I have kind of burned my self out with all the Ferrari builds I have been doing. I think I going to do red on this one, I like the way the R8 spyder looks in red, plus I have a can of Tamyia bright red on hand.

p1-14.jpg

getting ready to get the body painted , removed the mold lines, which werent that bad.

a1-6.jpg

Not a fan at all of the spyder look of that car. But I reckon you will do it nicely and make it look good.

I agree, well with both, hard top and convert, just something about the R8, I paid $9.99 for it, I was the only person who bid on it,and shipping was cheap.

I am happy to say that the R34 PSN is all done, I will have some pics up soon

Edited by martinfan5