Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Hey guys, anyone wanting to build the Holden Monaro can get the front & rear bumer clips and the dash from Scale Automobilia out of New South Wales, Australia, the website to help U all out is scaleautomobila.com.au and this gear will help turn that crappy GTO into a nice Monaro.

Dingo B)

Same here, I have been wanting to do that as well, guess its time to start shopping now, thank you dingo

Wheels painted, the bottom plates painted as well, they come clear

p1-12.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Hey guys if U all wondering this is wot the Holden should look like with the bumper (not bumer) clips on it.

014011.jpg

Front Clip

014012.jpg

Rear Clip

005003.jpg

Sorry guys the best I could do the the dash.

Dingo B)

that's nice . I' may have to make a order now.

Made some progress on the 904 motor. Ready to instal spark plug wires. But company is about to come over, so I have to stop....

Comments?

Vary nice detailing

I like it, but the resin kit cost twice as much as the kit does, at $40 plus shipping i think you get like three of the kits on ebay, I still want to do one, but its not going to happen anytime soon

I wish it was cheaper . I didn't look on there site till now . I guess I may wait. :( Edited by hotrod59f100

I gues at $43us for the bumper clip conversion it would be a little expensive for U guys in the States at the moment, now U kno how we feel here in Oz when we have to get stuff even though the conversion rate at the moment is $1.08aust to the $1us it still can be a little steep especially when U don't get the bonnet (hood) as part of the conversion pack (at least I didn't). Anyway I hope someone over there is brave enough to take on the project so this thread has something a bit mote than Nissans, Ferraries and Porsches.

Dingo B)

I gues at $43us for the bumper clip conversion it would be a little expensive for U guys in the States at the moment, now U kno how we feel here in Oz when we have to get stuff even though the conversion rate at the moment is $1.08aust to the $1us it still can be a little steep especially when U don't get the bonnet (hood) as part of the conversion pack (at least I didn't). Anyway I hope someone over there is brave enough to take on the project so this thread has something a bit mote than Nissans, Ferraries and Porsches.

Dingo B)

I agree, It would be nice to have something different, but its going to have to wait for a few months

Hey guys,

Made some real progress this weekend. Got a solid 6 hours of undisturbed time. So I am nearly done the 904 motor.

All the return springs etc scratch built. As are all the wires etc. I tired Alex Kustov's fan belt technique, which worked great. I stil have some work to do detailing up the fan shroud on the back.

Thoughts?

post-9432-0-76437900-1330958896_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-60277700-1330958897_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-38679500-1330958898_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-20671700-1330958899_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-03122200-1330958900_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-83256100-1330958900_thumb.jp

Update on the Lambo. Got the body masking line leveled out, and clear coated the body with ts13. I think I may break out the polishing kit on this one. I made sure I had enough clear on it in case I decided to !! I'm bad about rubbing through so, we'll see !! lol....001-vi.jpg002-vi.jpg005-vi.jpg

Sorry guys, I have not been around a lot for the last few days, with NASCAR being in town, didnt have alot time , but back to normal now.

I agree it almost looks like a real engine, great job

The lambo is looking good

I will be posting picks of the R34 in the under glass section in the next few days.

I have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick up to more kits, another R34, and R35