Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEWBIES, Messy workbench !

Biffo

I wouldn't know what to do with a finished model. I always have about a half dozen in various stages of production. I could spend the next 2 years just finishing projects I've started and never completed. And what's stupid is, a model can be going fantastically and I'll still walk away from it for a while.

Looks to me that you are doing it right. except it seems you may be on the verge of completing something,which we all know is not what modeling is about.you are supposed to start a project, make a huge mess,start another project ,make a huger mess ,decide you need to clean up the previous messes,get motivated by the clean workbench and start yet another project, make a huge mess , be reminded by the mess of prior projects, drag those out become disgusted at the incredible mess and lose motivation then clean up the bench and repeat. at least that's how I roll.

Looks to me that you are doing it right. except it seems you may be on the verge of completing something,which we all know is not what modeling is about.you are supposed to start a project, make a huge mess,start another project ,make a huger mess ,decide you need to clean up the previous messes,get motivated by the clean workbench and start yet another project, make a huge mess , be reminded by the mess of prior projects, drag those out become disgusted at the incredible mess and lose motivation then clean up the bench and repeat. at least that's how I roll.

Someone with my sickness!! We should start a support group.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

My mother always told me that a sloppy workshop put out sloppy work and I have always believed that. It is a struggle but I always try to keep some order on the workbench. It ocassionally gets a little untidy but I can whip it back into shape in about 5 minutes because I do have a place for everything. It just has to all go back there! :D

Andy, you probably read the kit directions to!! lol

sorry, when somethin melts my butter, i start it!! i can always FINISH the others later....'cept later somehow never comes... lol

Edited by weasel