Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

I guess these are all over the world, but here on interstate 65 in indiana, there are fields of these built, i guess this one was going there, there were 3 of these in a row going down the highway. I know not that good of a picture, I was following it and these things are long, theres a car in front and back with flashing lights. I will try and get a better picture of one next time i go that way.

limo001.jpg

Nice photo, I work with these in the transport planning field, usually figuring out how to get these from Port to site. The longest so far that I have "driven is a 50m blade, a challenge when some of our roads are tree lined and only 5m wide in places. :wacko:

Those big blades sit atop 120m towers :blink:

That one looks to be in a clamp and there would be a boom between either set of wheels, the rear wheels being steerable to make turning easier. I never tire of seeing these .

Cheers

Had I have known you would like pics of the trailers, I would have snapped some from this weekend. We have them transit I-70 here all the time, and 3 were stopped at the rest area Eastbound between Dayton and Columbus. Looks like it is time for me to keep the camera in the vehicle!

Looks kike the blade trailers. My company did site engineering in 3 locations in the Berkshire Mountains for turbine farms and it's quite a job engineering a road up to the sites from the routes they come in! I designed the foundations and we also did the electrical engineering for the lines into the grid. They are pretty awesome structures and I personally think they look cool perched on the tops of the mountains here.

That shot on the highway really gives a good perspective of the size!

Edited by Foxer

We have a lot of these in California too.

A couple years ago I passed a bunch of trucks in I-5 hauling a windmill, I think 3 for the blades and 2 or 3 more for the tower and related assemblies. They don't look that big a mile away on a hillside but they are impressive up close.

We have a Siemens plant just south of town that produces blades. They go out on truck, or modified train cars. The trailers extend in the middle, and also hav a rear "bumper" that extends. I have a bunch of pics of an empty trailer if any one would like me to post them.

We have a Siemens plant just south of town that produces blades. They go out on truck, or modified train cars. The trailers extend in the middle, and also hav a rear "bumper" that extends. I have a bunch of pics of an empty trailer if any one would like me to post them.

Yes, please, post them! I'm always looking for unique subject matter!

• 1 month later...