Model Cars Magazine Forum

Topless Terror

Nitrozilla

You asked about correct wiring... I have never heard of or seen a funny car with a battery... Did you put a starter on the engine?

i thought i'd let you know that funny cars do have batteries. they may not be used to start the car but, they DO have batteries.

2010natioalsmgrove041.jpg

that red colored box in front of the puke tank would be the battery.

On February 4th & 5th I will be at The Strip in Las Vegas Motor Speedway with camera in hand. I'll probably fill a 2 Gig memory card and be a thorn in the side of every team that will let me get close to their cars.

Thanx Dave & Dave for those nifty factoids. I've learned more on this build than I ever could have imagined.

Edited by Batzilla

Thanks Roger. I'm diggin' the tires and the look. I took the weekend off to chill and watch my two favored teams get blown out of the NFL playoff picture. Only one team left I care about. Go 'Niners.

No pics today, but wanted to let y'all know I got the inside of the body shot. I'll let that dry overnite and then shoot the first coat of silver metallic.

Even though there won't be any detail for a day or so, I'll prolly post pics tomorrow.

Hi Everybody !!! Remember me? Yeh, it's been a while, but I do have some progress to show.

After shooting the body with Metallic Silver I'm starting to add the panel lines. Keeping in mind I am still without an airbrush, what I've done is shoot a decal sheet black, then cut out strips for the panel lines. I have a small clue about the rivets, but the hole punch I have is bigger than I'd like. I'll figure out something. I tried using periods (.........), unfortunately when magnified to the right size, they're square, not round.

Here's a couple of pics until I decide how to do the rivets.

2007-06-10003.jpg2007-06-10002.jpg2007-06-10001.jpg

Joe, take a round toothpick, pour a drop or two of paint on a card. Holding the pic vertically, dip the toothpic in the paint an use that to make your rivets. Again holding the pic vertical, jut touch the pic to the body. You may have to cut the toothpic to get to a fatter part of it if the rivets are too small using just the tip. Practice a bit untill you get the feel of it, You should be able to paint about 5-6 rivets before reloading the pic. Once you get the hang of it, it goes fast.

Edited by Psychographic

I'm headed in that direction Dave and Darryl. I tried Faber-Castell pens in both small and extra small, but they don't lay down enough ink. Nor does a ball point. I tried a regular fine point felt tip and it just looked fuzzy.

I'll try the toothpick method first. Otherwise, I'm off to Aaron Bros art mart.

Thanx for the input. :D

You can always try a mechanical drafting ink pen. Should give you consistent, perfect sized dots to represent rivets.

Or, you could shoot me a PM with your address and I could print you a sheet of decals with all of the panel lines that you need like what you see below that I created for my Daytona pro mod.

DSC04720-vi.jpg

Appreciate you checking in Brad. I've found a font that will give me the correct rivet look. Unfortunately, my printer is out of ink and I can't afford replacement cartridges until next week. Also, Wayne has offered to help out once he gets some other priorities squared away. I'll have a solution in about a week, one way or the other.