Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustangs, some from my collection

signmike

How did you do the GTR?

That was a very long process. I use a revell first edition Mustang S197. I modified the body( Shelbys did not exhist then) and scratchbuilt a lot of parts. Most kit parts were modified also. The engine comes from a '99 Cobra kit with a fabricated air inlet system..

I invite you to login to my Fotki box where I uploaded some pics from the building process. If you have any question, feel free to ask...

http://public.fotki....tang-gtr-2006-/

Theres not that many reproduction of this car in plastic model... same with the King Cobra that was also heavily modified. I used my 1:1 King Cobra to make this model..

Edited by signmike

Sweet action I will check that out. I've been wanting to build one, for two reasons. I like the car and there are no kits out. I have a hot wheels that a nephew nearly destroyed. It's the only one I have and I cannot find a replacement.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The Fox notchback is a resin but I don't remember the manufacturer but now that Revell came out with 3 version of their new kits it will be easily available. I should have waited...LOL

Gee the answer in this thread really warmed my heart and will keep me on the Mustang route. I'm building a convertible 2010 Shelby as of now and a 2010 hardtop with the remainig of the 2 kits I used for the convertible