Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Impala SS - 1996

Dominik

Here it is - my 1996 1994 ( ;)) Impala SS.

I like this fullsize, always remember to copcars, when i see one. I built it stock and made only some wiring.

I know, that the Chromtrim on the sidepanel is not chromed original. But, why dont show, what kind of engine is working under the hood?

Enjoy:

CIMG111208_001.jpg

CIMG111208_003.jpg

CIMG111208_004.jpg

CIMG111208_005.jpg

CIMG111208_006.jpg

Edited by Dominik

Dominic, i own a 95 Impala SS and i'm tellin ya brother, it looks pretty good to me. But that's actually a 94 Impala. The 95 and 96 Impalas have the mirrors located in the front door lower forward window area, only the 94 has those mirrors. 94/95 are the only ones with the column shifter too. The 96 has a console mounted shifter. Yours came out REAL nice! I like it! :D:);)

Very clean. Is there a red intake to go with those red valve covers! Lol! Yep its a 94 also the gauges were digital not analog in the 94 and the back qtr window is different too. I know every square inch of these things like the back of my hand and you are pretty much dead on. As far as the rear fender scripts go, that is one of the first things new Wimpy owners did when they bought one. Hope to build my 96 Wimpy some day just going to take a ton o kit bashing to get it done!

Thanks buddies for your comments! I like this inconspicuous designed car too - but really fast to burn wheels :)

It is a 1994? Thats funny, always thought, it is a 96 Impala. Must take a look at the box or instructions, what Revell wrotes...crazy folks.

I changed the modelyear in the text, but cant change it in the title? hmm...

[...]As a MOPAR guy, everything else not MOPAR tends to fall to the back of the pack.[...]

I agree! my beloved time are the 60's / 70's.

For this Impala the time was come, to build him for some buddies of a german forum, to give tricks and helping hand in modeling.

@Liam: i dont know the name of the color. I went to the shelf in a sprayshop with the color from the real Impala in my mind and took it.