Model Cars Magazine Forum

The twelve days of Christmas

To Modelercarl for going up and beyond the act of ramdom kindness the lone star will be well loved again thanks and to Zombiehunter26 for being a true A.O.K

Never a problem, brother. We all find ourselves in times of need. I'm just happy I was able to help :D

Thanks to all my newfound friends here on MCM. Dr. Cranky, '08Seal, Haubenschild, Ranma, Chuck Most, the list goes on. You guys make this forum feel like home.

Oh! and thanks to my Dad, 62rebel. If it weren't for his guidance and supplying of signage styrene to me when I run out, none of my work would be possible. Thanks Dad!

One more word of thanks to Casey- I appreciate what you're doing for me with the collecting of random parts you'd normally toss out. I can't wait to see what you come up with! It's a big help, seeing as how I rarely ever go out to buy kits. So random bits n pieces are tough to come by these days :)

Edited by ZombieHunter26

On the forum side of things I'd like to thank all of the members who have made positive contributions here... either by posting their work, or by posting tips and suggestions to help others, or just by posting interesting and fun stuff that we can all enjoy. And especially to all of you that have not made the job of moderator any harder than it has to be! ;)

On the magazine side, thanks to all of you that have contributed material for publication. We are a small operation, we don't have "staff writers"... we rely on contributions from "regular people," including many of you forum members. If it wasn't for you guys who submit material, we'd be putting out a blank magazine every month!

I'll use my first one here for Roger Hayes (Plowboy). Thank you for taking time out of your schedule recently to not only read my want ad for a much needed part, but for looking for and locating it, driving it down to the Post Office, paying to ship it and on top of that, being concerned with it's timely delivery and also if it was exactly what I was looking for or not.

......and not asking for a single thing back!

You, my friend, are a darn nice guy and like I said, just let me know if you need a favor from me.

Thanx Greg,I really appreciate the kind words! I know you will return the favor when given the opportunity. But,to me,your thanx and appreciation are more than enough. I give parts for a lot of reasons,but the main two are:

1 several people have done the same for me. I won't post all of their names for fear of perhaps forgetting one of them. I have a terrible memory when it comes to names.

2 it gives me a chance to make a new forum friend that I otherwise might not have.

I know this name will get mentioned a lot because I know what kind of person he is,but I'm thankful for Casey Littman. He's been the best forum friend I've ever had. We've trade parts many times and he has given me parts many times. There's nothing I wouldn't do to help him out and I'm sure he would do the same for me. Thanx Casey for being a good friend!!

Also a big THANX to Gregg for providing this forum to us!! We wouldn't have this place if not for his time, effort and money.

Thanks Tony, and thanks Gregg for having the patient to allow for so much freedom of expression on this forum.

And thanks to all of you for keeping Doctor Cranky and EYEGORE gorged on so much wonderful eye candy! Hoping your daily Eye Candy Allowance will increase in 2012.

This is a GREAT idea! Spin some positives.

Of course, I want to first thank Gregg for having this message board. All that cost, the labor, the effort and the stress is appreciated!

Also have to thank Harry, who does a fine job on keeping everything here shrink-wrapped and tidy. While I have never met you in person, you do come across as a real friend.

There is many others here worthy of notice, but I don’t want to “use it all up” first time at bat, so to speak!

Today's thanks goes out to those members who post the wonderful eye candy (as Dr. Cranky calls it!) for our viewing pleasure. For me it inspires me to start building some of the kits and also gives me ideas for builds as well.

My new years' resolution is to cobble up a photo area and start posting some of my builds, wish me luck!

First I would like to thank the moderators for their timeless effort to make the best forum out there

To the staff of the magazine thank you for making the best out there

To dr cranky thank you for the helpful videos and kind words

To shucky you helped in a pinch and are truly awesome

To everyone else on the forums you are all inspiration

I cannot wait to see the eye candy in 2012

(null)

The first person on my list is, of course, Greg for making this board and the forums here the bestest and onlyest place to post my stuff.

Gonna do my second one now too, because if it wasn't for me seeing John Teresi's builds and being inspired to try to be half as good as he is, I wouldn't be here today.

Merry Christmas to All and a Most Prosperus New Year to come.

Thanks to 59 Impala for giving me a 1950 ford cab.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for showing there builds and giving me inspiration.

You're very welcome Cole. I would like to thank Zipper for the talks we have all the time. He has helped me on some of the builds I've done. And a big thanks to Gregg for keeping this forum on line. To Donn Yost for his inspiration and to everyone else for the good times here.

Dan B):);):D

While I don't know anyone personally here I want to first thank Gregg for providing us with this place to get together and share info. and ideas. I also want to thank Harry, Romell and the other moderators for doing what they can to keep things running smoothly. Thank you to Dr Cranky (Virgil Suarez), Bill Geary, John Teresi, and so many others for building and showing such amazing models and being so helpful with useful information.

I want to start off by thanking Gregg for giving us such a great place to come and get together, Harry for putting up with us when our threads get a little out of hand, but also thank him for giving us some leeway to have a little fun or have a debate .

I want to thank Wayne(agent g), and Danno, for just being themselves :lol: , I am looking forward to meeting up with both of them soon again in the new year.

And thanks to all the great builders on this site, being on here has made want to get better at this hobby, and I have learned a lot, its amazing, it doesn't matter how long you have been doing this hobby, there is always something new to learn.

Want to thank Steve( olskool) for being a big part of the mustang CBP with me, its been fun , and to the rest of the guys that in the CBP.

I want to start off by thanking Gregg for giving us such a great place to come and get together, Harry for putting up with us when our threads get a little out of hand, but also thank him for giving us some leeway to have a little fun or have a debate .

I want to thank Wayne(agent g), and Danno, for just being themselves :lol: , I am looking forward to meeting up with both of them soon again in the new year.

And thanks to all the great builders on this site, being on here has made want to get better at this hobby, and I have learned a lot, its amazing, it doesn't matter how long you have been doing this hobby, there is always something new to learn.

Want to thank Steve( olskool) for being a big part of the mustang CBP with me, its been fun , and to the rest of the guys that in the CBP.

If Phoenix would dry out, I'd be back next wekend! :lol:

G

I have an idea... I'm gonna try to stay in 'spirit' with the Twelve Days of Christmas song, so... on this second day, I'm gonna name two people, tomorrow will be three and so on. ;)

*Clears Throat* ....Ahem...

"On the second day of Christmas, MCM gave to me...

Harry P and Doctor Crankeeeeeeey...."

Harry, you are an AWESOME mod! I love the fact that you let people voice their opinions which are sometimes in 'conflict' with other's (without immediately locking the thread), yet you also have this outstanding ability to recognize when "enough is truly enough" and put your foot down at just the right time. Also, I really enjoy your comments and sense of humor. And, last but not least, you share a lot of cool material, and the "R.O.M." and "What kind of car is it?" challenges are a blast!

Virgil, you, my friend are just one truly unique (in a GREAT way) character. You post MANY comments and opinions which are very enjoyable to read, and many times very helpful. Your builds are ALWAYS awesome and I've learned so many tips and techniques from you that REALLY help me with my own projects. Also, I know it's not exactly part of the forum... but, I totally enjoy your youtube videos which let your unique personality and great sense of humor really shine through!