Model Cars Magazine Forum

STAR FIRE! ...( 59 Impala Flying Car) Update: 3-29-12

Ira

I'm liking the idea of making the tail lights part of the engine. Just make sure you French them, encase them in a metal tube, or if they are exposed explain to people that the lenses are made from Transparent Red Unobtainium so they can withstand the heat of the exhaust !!!

:lol::D:lol:

Edited by Batzilla

I'm liking the idea of making the tail lights part of the engine. Just make sure you French them, encase them in a metal tube, or if they are exposed explain to people that the lenses are made from Transparent Red Unobtainium so they can withstand the heat of the exhaust !!!

:lol::D:lol:

That's a Great Idea!!!

I will race you when you are done!

Seriously though, I love your work.

edsel3-vi.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Martin!

I have been following your work for a while, Great Builds!!

Love the backwards Studebaker & the VW Drag Cars too...

Vents & Intakes!!!

These HO scale stairs from Plastruct are perfect for making vents or intakes!

They come in at least 2 sizes...

DSCN2750M.jpg

I cut the stairs to size, cut a hole big enough to fit and glued them in.

DSCN2757M.jpg

This front vent will be turned into 3 vents later... stay tooned!!!

This is really cool. Reminds me a little of the flying car that Juha Airio from Finland did a few years ago that was featured in SA.

It's a lot of fun, not to mention the work, to make something this wild. You did a great job.

I tried something along these lines with 2 '59 Dodge promo bodies and the '58 T-Bird bubble. Mine has wheels though. As soon as I get around to opening up a Photobucket account I'll post some pictures of it along with some other Customs I've done.

This is really cool. Reminds me a little of the flying car that Juha Airio from Finland did a few years ago that was featured in SA.

It's a lot of fun, not to mention the work, to make something this wild. You did a great job.

I tried something along these lines with 2 '59 Dodge promo bodies and the '58 T-Bird bubble. Mine has wheels though. As soon as I get around to opening up a Photobucket account I'll post some pictures of it along with some other Customs I've done.

Thanks for the kind comments Rich, Glad you like it!