Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stickebombed Toyota Crown

Lownslow

Yeah that looks awesome. I like your two tone interior...looks nice with the detailing. I enjoy wheel fitment and stance in full scale and you really nailed the look here. Great job on the trunk and scratched longboards. That is a nice touch on a area I would have overlooked. I was wondering on the tires to achieve the stretched look did you just sand the sidewalls? Also like the barrels you added to the wheels....dish looks great on these sedan's. Thanks for sharing this one.

Yeah that looks awesome. I like your two tone interior...looks nice with the detailing. I enjoy wheel fitment and stance in full scale and you really nailed the look here. Great job on the trunk and scratched longboards. That is a nice touch on a area I would have overlooked. I was wondering on the tires to achieve the stretched look did you just sand the sidewalls? Also like the barrels you added to the wheels....dish looks great on these sedan's. Thanks for sharing this one.

thanks i appeaciate, everyone slaps stereos on Vips when they open trunks i wanted something different this time. yup spun them on a drill and it them with a coarse then fine nail file.

Love it. I have been of this style for a while. HELLAFLUSH

one more on the way i think, depends on how i feel about it after clear.

Thanks for the idea on the tires Frank.....sometimes obvious things are well not so obvious to all of us :lol: I keep forgetting there are no rules to this model kit stuff. Don't you dare tease us and say you might post another "stanced" ride. I want to see it for sure! Also meant to tell you I liked the little video, just something different you don't see done often. Again killer job Frank...I love this one :wub:

p.s Here is a pic. of my stance....I think you did the look justice

steverollhdr.jpg

Thanks for the idea on the tires Frank.....sometimes obvious things are well not so obvious to all of us :lol: I keep forgetting there are no rules to this model kit stuff. Don't you dare tease us and say you might post another "stanced" ride. I want to see it for sure! Also meant to tell you I liked the little video, just something different you don't see done often. Again killer job Frank...I love this one :wub:

p.s Here is a pic. of my stance....I think you did the look justice

steverollhdr.jpg

thanks, nice dub

The whole deal with "the falling off wheels" is simply the style or fitment that is wanted with these guys. They want huge dished wheels that quite frankly should not be fitted on these vehicles. In order to clear the fenders and not rub the tire they tweak the camber. They also "stretch" the tire over the rim so the side wall will clear the fender as the suspension travels. Basically what looks broken to some is a look that is not only desirable, but not real easy to achieve without a lot of modifications to the suspension and body panels.

I want to apologize. I slept on this build at first. it's not like I've ever seen you build anything less than stellar, it just wasn't like anything I've ever seen (I don't live in a city and I'm pretty removed from "latest trends") so it kinda fell under my radar. but after taking a close look, this rigs off the hook! your attention to detail, the interior alone is as realistic as it's gonna get. the scratch built skateboards...the list goes on, crazy. great job on this! I have no doubt that in a bout 6 months I'm gonna see this trend in the 1:1 hitting my neighborhood hot spots B)