Model Cars Magazine Forum

Woot! It's been released!

Ok, this is weird! I thought this kit was a reissue of the Monogram Snake and Mongoose rear engine dragster kits that had only been issued one time? The driver, Christmas tree and track official appear to be from those kits but the dragster almost looks like a Garlits reissue? I know for a fact the rear tires in this new kit are wider (looking at the pics) because I have the original Goodyear slick in my hand. The original is taller and skinnier. I was really hoping this was a direct, second release of those Snake and Mongoose kits! (with different decals of course) :(

What the heck does "woot" mean?

:blink:

Definition from the Urban Dictionary..

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

Edited by Rob Hall

Definition from the Urban Dictionary..

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

Your not making that up are you ?? :blink:

No, that's the definition from urbandictionary.com. It's been a common term on the internet for years...since I work in the software industry, I've seen and heard it for years.

Ditto. Except the only thing I do with the internet, is use it. "Woot!" is the same as shouting "YES!" as an expression of happiness, approval, or excitment.

How about back to the original reason for the post. When I first saw this announcement last month and saw the picture I ended up in multiple discussions about what was actually going to be released. I stated that the picture looked like a straight reissue of a 70's Revell rear engine dragster with the added parts from the Monogram kit. Everyone kept saying "no" but I said to wait and see what it would be. Looks like my original thoughts were correct.

Good observation from Ben on the rear tires. From the pictures on the box those are definately not the orginal two piece garbage slicks from days gone by. They appear to be later Revell rear slicks from later top fuel and funny car kits. That's a definate improvement.

Does anybody know what style of wheel the kit comes with?

The original (if this is made from the one I'm thinking of) came with Centerline wheels, front and rear. This rerelease appears to have the same.