Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missing Parts

I recently recived an AMT 1966 Mustang Coupe. There is alot of room to improve on the whole model. There was not any hood trim included in the kit. Should I make my own, steal it from another kit, or e-mail the company. The kit was bought off of either Ebay of Amazon. What should I do.

Edited by vintagestang

what is the kit exactly ...mainly is it out of production?.....if so amt will tell you the same thing they told me ...and i qoute "We are sorry but the kit you asked about is an out of production kit and we dont do replacement parts for"...or something similar!...especially if its off ebay or amazon...they wont definatly give you parts to complete such kit?>,....now if its trim you should be able to scratch it!

The A M T Mustang is kind of a "Modified " re- hash of an old Promo/annual kit where detail was minimal within the engine bay . I suggest you start learning how to scratch build non existant pieces as this kit offers several opportunities in which to experiment . Ed Shaver

if it's parts they have, you send them the upc code from the box, and a scan of the sheet with the part circled.

send that with the form on the website.

http://round2models.com/replacement/

HOW COME I FORGOT ABOUT THAT?....my mind does not want to work right now i guess??? :lol:

speaking of the devil...does someone have an extra set of instructions for the mpc 78 chev stepside kit?...and the barcode off the box? :lol:

How do I scratch it?

not a mustang fan here but it sounds to me that a little strip of half round styrene (just as thick as the hood is) run across the front of it should do the trick

or maybe just scribing it and then running a strip of BMF over it as mentioned

If I recall (and it's been a LONG time since I've built this kit) the trim piece is molded to the hood, just foiling it should do. I seem to remember the detail was very faint, though. If not, scribing a line toward the front edge to depict the separation line and adding foil would suffice. Adding a small strip of very thin plastic stock would work too.

HOW COME I FORGOT ABOUT THAT?....my mind does not want to work right now i guess??? :lol:

speaking of the devil...does someone have an extra set of instructions for the mpc 78 chev stepside kit?...and the barcode off the box? :lol:

This should be close enough. Bookmark the home page for future reference.

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/instruction_sheetsh/instruction_sheets/mpc/mpc-rolling-thunder/

May i suggest .It might be an idea to identify a better quality pre 68 mustang (even non coupe) for the purpose of build accuracy OOB. . That act as a hands on experence and also for side by side visual comparison for some common detail

Thats what I'm doing.

Suggestions on a kit guys?