Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Derrick, I like the idea . . . yes, some good guys, I have a whole bunch of Preiser figures too, but these you are working on all fit in very well. Yes, let the Zombie Wars begin.

All right, Welcome to the CARAVAN, Luis. Another recruit joins the ranks. Gen. EYEGORE is very happy, happy, happy!

By the way, my sets of wheels from TREVORSTOYBOX arrived and they have WOWED ME. They are excellent tires and wheels and I can't wait to put them on a vehicle . . . next build, hopefully.

Great, fast service by the way, with wonderful packaging thrown in for good measure.

Wicked!

Here's a little inspiration, rows and rows of these abandoned armored vehicles line the road as a windbreak. All these were left by the Russians, used by the Afgans, and abandoned here on the road outside Kabul.

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

G

Edited by Agent G

I have not started my b build yet......just building in my mind!

This is just inspiration....not really a Mad Max type thing but I could see one done up that way.

The model is a New Bright toy, it's styrene plastic and screwed together...so I dis-assembled it and modified it.

Just about 1/25 scale too!

Add some guns and armor.......

REPER2-vi.jpg

every bodys build looks great man!!

I got a bit done, a little more paint and little details

2012drawingagain-2-9.png

manly the suspension, ive got a lot of the pieces cut but i ran out of bolts, gona probly get some more tonight, any ways here were I am at right now.

DSCN2415.jpg

and a little tip, if your building a working suspesion build, you probly can do it off the car, so use wight glue to hold everthing todether, once the shocks are instaled and everthing is good rub the joints in water so it all moves, thats why the suspesion is staying up right now wiht only 2 links.

thanks for looking and what do ya guys think

Fortunately, there are no zombies in our world. We've got enough problems. All the coastal cities are under water, and it's too hot here to grow anything but cactuses. Rumor has it that there's food (and maybe women!) in the northern Appalachians. Trouble is, to get there we've either got to cross the Southeastern Swamp, or the Great Midwestern Desert. Not many vehicles that can pull that off. Things were looking pretty grim until we found this:

Picture005.jpg

More to follow.

I am new here but,after watching and hearing about the build though Doctor Cranky's I am going to enter into the build.

This type of build is also new to me.My vehicle started out as a badly molded '57 Chevy Hardtop.First was was add some armor to the side windows to add some occupant protection and a brace for the big cut.Next the big cut,this cut was done from 1/8 inch back from the door.This was done to remove the portion of the car that was molded bad, there was not enough plastic on the right rear fender.

After that was done cleaned up the cut and stuck some sheet styrene to cover up the hole,some more armour was also added to the body.Also work on the was the interior,the interior tub was cut to fit inside the new cab and was glued to the chassis.

I still have to fiqure out/find or build a weapon(s) to add,and to build a whole new rear portion of the car.

Let me what you think,Slammedon24s

post-9226-0-32232900-1327447846_thumb.jppost-9226-0-22092000-1327447850_thumb.jppost-9226-0-21015400-1327447853_thumb.jppost-9226-0-67698700-1327447857_thumb.jppost-9226-0-05345100-1327447862_thumb.jppost-9226-0-06404500-1327447866_thumb.jppost-9226-0-50383500-1327447870_thumb.jp

So, in an attempt to clear my head on Red Hawk's cockpit problem, I decided to do a quick build to change pace.

Credit goes to Cranky for sending me this kit, it served well to get me out of the creative rut-

I'm waiting for some of the details to dry on it, but I built the Revell Muscle '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme Custom pretty much out of box-ish, added some bullet holes and rust pockets, cracked the windshield, ans misted brown and sand over it for a dusty desert feel.

I'm not exactly sure if it will fit in with the post-apoc build really, but who says you can't ride in style? (sort of)

Once the paint and rust dries, I'll be taking pics.