Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Folks, this TOOTHLESS ZOMBIE HUNTER SQUAD build is really getting the best of me, it's really doing a number on my imagination.

Check this out and then stay tuned in for a special message from Doctor Cranky about some fun and exciting things coming up that everyone can participate in!

Here are some still pics. Someone gave me the great idea of turning the flame thrower into a harpoon gun instead and I have to confess I love the idea. I can see it, someone manning the harpoon, sitting on a 55 gallon drum with lengths of rope at his/her feet. Nice.

6-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg

O.K. Virgil, I've seen enough of this thread to know that I must join in now. All of the projects look too cool. I went searching through the shop today to find that perfect project and stumbled upon a Tamiya Land Cruiser that I had built years ago and was never happy with the results. So, between that and some parts box tank projects along with plenty of games workshop items and modern aircraft armament I should be able to come up with something worthy of all the great projects that are ongoing. I will update later with some pics. My progress won't be at the same rate as others have already been as I have many projects going at once.

Some update pics. Note- for those of you that are puzzled by the drive train. I am not an engineer and have no idea if this is even possible. Yes the engine looks upside down because it is. I'm looking for something futuristic and out-of-the-ordinary. The suspension will be a double A-arm in all four corners, each with it's own drive axle.

Here is my inspiration. The first person that can ID this vehicle gets a cookie.

TSWBanditConcept.jpg

Here's my update.

2012-01-21195310.jpg

2012-01-21195324.jpg

Well, I decided to get a quick start on this one so here are some pics. of the basic mockup of what I am working with. Don't mind the swirladelic paint job as it was something that I did many years back. The body will be stripped and an appropriate aggressor paint scheme will be applied. The turret came from a tank builtup that I had in the parts box. Don't know what it is or what it came from but it works for what I need.

Many more changes to come including larger tires and more hardware for blasting those pesky zombies.

DSC08979-vi.jpg

DSC08980-vi.jpg

DSC08981-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

I've been bustin' tail at work for the past few days, sorry for the lack of updates-

I got some more scrap signage styrene from my dad on the way home from work tonight so I could do some body work on Red Hawk tonight- probably get about half of what I wanna do tonight done, then it's off to work tomorrow.

I'll keep you guys posted as I get more done, but for now it's back to the bench!

everthings looking great man.

Wayne, nice to see you join, also this may be the wrong place to post this but how did you do the old paint?

anyways i got here painted.

i went with a army paint scheme orgainl i wasn't if you can tell by my name I'm normly quite aposed to this idea, but there's a millitary contest coming up in town that i want to go to,

Firist it was painted dark tan, then i did the salt thing wiht light tan, i repeted a buch of times with slelighly lighter paints each time.

after the tan looked fine, i added more salt.

then i did a mix of turquose to add the camo, kinda did a stripe thing.

2012drawingagain-2-8-1.png

2012drawingagain-2-8.png

DSCN2405.jpg

this was all fallowed with some detaling paint with wich i added rust and dirt,

also i added a gun, i was conplateing this sinece the begin, i just don't think the future has to be a cruel dangureus palce, with all you practicaly building tanks i wasn't sure

So i compermised and added a small hidden gun. latter it will have a few wire ruing away from it into a triger on the dash. the lightings not great but its in the I beam

DSCN2403.jpg

thanks for looking, and keap up the good work

also i added a gun, i was conplateing this sinece the begin, i just don't think the future has to be a cruel dangureus palce, with all you practicaly building tanks i wasn't sure

I was thinking the same thing when this first started, was starting to think I didn't get the memo about the hellacious zombi military that was formed after the fall out. :) but it's been really neat to see all the inspiration on every page.

Well, I decided to get a quick start on this one so here are some pics. of the basic mockup of what I am working with. Don't mind the swirladelic paint job as it was something that I did many years back. The body will be stripped and an appropriate aggressor paint scheme will be applied. The turret came from a tank builtup that I had in the parts box. Don't know what it is or what it came from but it works for what I need.

Many more changes to come including larger tires and more hardware for blasting those pesky zombies.

DSC08979-vi.jpg

DSC08980-vi.jpg

DSC08981-vi.jpg

apears to be a king tiger or panther turret circa ww2

Dale, it looks like you are on your way!

CAN SOMEONE DO A ROLL CALL, PLEASE, of the TROOPS to see how many people we have? The more the more fun we'll have!

Also, so I can post the list in the original thread. Thank you.

ALSO, PLEASE STAY TUNED IN FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!