Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Galaxium rocks. These builds are awesome. Hey, Doc, when is the convoy scheduled for? In December or sooner? I will send mine in for it but this will probably be a few month build. Anyone got info on 1:24/1;25 small arms like M16s, a deasert eagle and such online? I like realism? Scavenged the parts box last night and found lots of Diamond plate and a few other bits and pieces including a HD Frame from a DM600 and other parts from it. Anyone got a line on a 12v71? Hey Agent, what is the base model on the scout? One more question, on the Ertl abomination of the "Duck" mack, what rear axles are those? They almost look like rockwells or at least could be disguised to look like rockwells with a little work.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Awesome builds everyone! Ive been absent from the fray for a while (real life took a turn for the better and I got a nice full time job to go to 5 days a week) but rest assured I've got some stuff in store that you'll all love.

Once I finish the MG for the back of my technical on the other CBP I've got going :P

Wow, everyone's stuff is really coming along and looking great. I have been a little busy lately and didn't post the list this weekend. There wasn't much changed anyway. I have gotten some progress done on Ice Breaker though. The full album of all 42 pics that I have of it can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/zYzAE. Below are a few of the most recent. I need to finish painting the truck bed, and then I think I will move onto the M55 and finish that before I attach the bed to the truck permanently.

9SuHkh.jpg

lxgtOh.jpg

3knlsh.jpg

wmr8Zh.jpg

7xSKTh.jpg

Here is some more inspiration:

This link is for when I was doing research on gun trucks so check these pics out.

https://www.facebook...01323457&type=3

Someone should also try doing a WW2 DCKW (think that is right)

us-gmc-dukw_009.jpg

Cunningham.jpg

A cool 53 Mack lowrider that would make a cool rig for this:

59907_425221178457_701323457_5024415_2407099_n.jpg

61244_425339038457_701323457_5026605_5282314_n.jpg

And since there was a Lego set on here here is a Vietnam gun truck I did called "Nancy" with a WW2 quad .50 setup:

340959_10150275117928458_701323457_7729127_6337022_o.jpg

I will design and find more inspiration while I am waiting on parts. Need to do some more research before I get the frame together.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Terry, your lego build, Nancy, looks exactly like what I have visioned for my build. Except I have a lot of ideas to add to it. Man, you even have the winch in the front and everything. Once I finish it, I am considering that my base model and building around it to make it much more dangerous and awesome.

Here are some pictures to show what Donn Yost is working on. Yes, he is building a shiny vehicle and the weapons are forthcoming. Enjoy:

And what's he going to do with the little tractor that comes with that kit? Fit ride-on mower blades and have a convenient back-up ride!

I just took delivery of a large junkyard lot. It's condition is such that Post Apoc. is the only thing it is good for, which suits me fine. I'd have trouble recreating some of the messes that these things are currently in. This one, however presents a unique challenge, and an interesting idea. The remainder of the body and chassis were present in the box in the form of mouse droppings. Yes, it has been eaten!

P1000933-vi.jpg

Now all I need to do is add a little gore here and there, and touch up the mouse teeth marks in metal color, and the thing below will have something to feed on!

P1000634-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

It isn't easy to stick two Cadillacs together. I guess there must be differences between the models and the real thing. No way could I get one to sit inside the other.

I could have finished another car in the time it's taken me to do this, and after all that, I have misalignment problems. I guess it's going to stay bent!

P1000936-vi.jpg

Dr C...i went to my IPMS club meeting..took the ZAV with me they for the most part loved it...some even asked for the link to the build...anyway a few of the officers said if ur really gonna be at the nat's in disney that we should contact the head man about having a zombie killer class or at least a special table set up for our build....what u think???