Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, I found this thread recently and I have to say it Broke me out of a pretty bad slump. I'm building a vehicle that I could actually build in my garage in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Using an old truck from the junk out back, taking parts from farm machinery and weapons from over run military checkpoints. this is what i have so far. I started with this kitBarbara.jpg

and this is what I have so far

Barbara002.jpg

Barbara004.jpg

Barbara008.jpg

Barbara005.jpg

Barbara006.jpg

Barbara007.jpg

The idea is you roll into an area you want to clear out. in this truck with open headers and i'm probably going to have speakers also blasting, all the noise will draw the Zombies out. There will be two .50 cals in the ring mounts clearing a path and keeping the sides clear while you drive nice and slow letting a horde gather following you. Then you fire up the minigun and shred them. Fish in a barrel and all that. Thanks for looking.

hey TJ I got the dimensions I used from www.dillonaero.com. They make the m134. There are tons of very detailed pics of the individual parts plus vehicle mountsof all kinds. They dont give alot of dimensions though. The ones I found are length 31.6" width 12", barrel length long 22" short 18" . I used 1/4" aluminum tube for the flash suppressor, 3/64 brass rod for the barrels and I think its 1/4" styrene tube the aluminum fits into. Its nowhere near to exact scale just material I had. Mcmaster-car sells hypodermic tubing that would make great barrels. Hope I helped

Hey Guys, and Dr Cranky,

I've been Awol for a few months, getting my life back together. I'm hard at work on the 70's Van... Check out the new gallery I posted. I can't remember how to paste the imagaes here like I have before, it's been so long!

Enjoy...

Edited by Tony-442

Its been a while since I've posted last time in this treat, but I'm building an Tootless zombiehunter vehicle - that I would like to ad to this caravan.

Its a build I call "Last Girl Scouts" and its origin is a '51 chevy Fleetline cut op in pieces and put back together again a little shorter so I didn't have to elongate to roof and because I think it looks cool that way: shorter, chopped and really cut up fenders to give room for some big mud/rockcrawler tires on beadlock rims.

I have been looking for some time, at the military guys and the beautyful work they do with all the weathering and rust and mud/mudsplash and all the other things they do to make their tanks and armoured vehicles look so thrue to nature.

Then I bought Mr. Crankys book and I really wanted to try this out and then found this community build and I just had to participate - just like when things fall into place. Well as I said this is the first time I'm trying out this kind of paint-scheme, but dr. crankys book really helped me a lot with the first steps. I still need some colorwork on the body and some rusty her and there and some mudsplash in the end, but I feel god about this.

Now all I need is a interior and a chassis converted to 4x4 or taking a frame from a 4x4 truck, not shure wich way to go about it, but thats the next step, hope you enjoy it.

PS: I also added one of the girlscouts that Im trying to build for this entry.

Bjarne Graves -

Denmarkpost-9320-0-00736100-1349124279_thumb.jppost-9320-0-50535700-1349124274_thumb.jppost-9320-0-15596000-1349124268_thumb.jppost-9320-0-96869900-1349124261_thumb.jppost-9320-0-70657400-1349124067_thumb.jp

Edited by spacemanvw

Its been a while since I've posted last time in this treat, but I'm building an Tootless zombiehunter vehicle - that I would like to ad to this caravan.

Its a build I call "Last Girl Scouts" and its origin is a '51 chevy Fleetline cut op in pieces and put back together again a little shorter so I didn't have to elongate to roof and because I think it looks cool that way: shorter, chopped and really cut up fenders to give room for some big mud/rockcrawler tires on beadlock rims.

I have been looking for some time, at the military guys and the beautyful work they do with all the weathering and rust and mud/mudsplash and all the other things they do to make their tanks and armoured vehicles look so thrue to nature.

Then I bought Mr. Crankys book and I really wanted to try this out and then found this community build and I just had to participate - just like when things fall into place. Well as I said this is the first time I'm trying out this kind of paint-scheme, but dr. crankys book really helped me a lot with the first steps. I still need some colorwork on the body and some rusty her and there and some mudsplash in the end, but I feel god about this.

Now all I need is a interior and a chassis converted to 4x4 or taking a frame from a 4x4 truck, not shure wich way to go about it, but thats the next step, hope you enjoy it.

PS: I also added one of the girlscouts that Im trying to build for this entry.

Bjarne Graves -

Denmarkpost-9320-0-00736100-1349124279_thumb.jppost-9320-0-50535700-1349124274_thumb.jppost-9320-0-15596000-1349124268_thumb.jppost-9320-0-96869900-1349124261_thumb.jppost-9320-0-70657400-1349124067_thumb.jp

That's awesome... I love the low lines, yet sitting up on big tires... Gonna look sweet when done!