Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michael's Build Your Own Event-Saturday January 14, 2012

While perusing the ads in this morning's newspaper, I saw that Michaels is bringing back their make it -take it event this coming Saturday. The ad mentions that a purchase of a Camaro model kit is required and IIRC the last time they held this event it was the Revell snap kit of the new Camaro. I think the kits were $5, but may have gone up in price since then.

Great opportunity to take a youngster to Michaels to build a kit cheap and have some fun in the process.

It should also be noted that Michaels sells any left over kits in their clearance section so you may be able to find these afterwards. I picked up several of them that way last time around!

While perusing the ads in this morning's newspaper, I saw that Michaels is bringing back their make it -take it event this coming Saturday. The ad mentions that a purchase of a Camaro model kit is required and IIRC the last time they held this event it was the Revell snap kit of the new Camaro. I think the kits were $5, but may have gone up in price since then.

Great opportunity to take a youngster to Michaels to build a kit cheap and have some fun in the process.

It should also be noted that Michaels sells any left over kits in their clearance section so you may be able to find these afterwards. I picked up several of them that way last time around!

I was in a Michael's a while back and saw some of those Camaro's in a mark-down bin for $5.00 each. I wondered where those kits came from since I never saw that many Camaros on the shelf. I didn't buy any but I sure wish I had. Thanks for the info.

Ill got ck them out. Any kit thats 5 bucks is a good kit! A question, arent there somthing like "a" "b" and "c" stores? Mine never has a clearance section with anything but crafts or holiday stuff. I might have to go to another town and take a look. Sorta stupid, I live in the SF bay Area in a town of over 210,000 and Michaels rarely has the stuff you guys talk about, nevermind Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, Thrift Stores, bla bla bla. We dont even have a LHS anymore.