Model Cars Magazine Forum

Friday 13th & A 3-DAY WEEKEND BUILD!

Dr. Cranky

Virgil !

You know The Old Man's rule about food and modeling ! Dey don't mix ! Lol!

If I'd have seen this early on , you would have had a Primanti Special waiting on your doorstep this morning !

Beat ya outta the gate on this one , I've been foggin' up the neighborhood since Wednesday morning with paint fumes . Whole lotta parts and a couple of bodies in color . Tomorrow morning , I'll be back at it again ! Have fun , guys !

The Old Man

Ok, here's where I stand, so far. This is a mild custom, nothing really crazy other than paint and finish. red engine instead of blue, red frame vs. black, etc... I just finished flocking the floor and lower door panels, I was originally going to just apply a coat of future over the bare white plastic but... the hood is molded in a slightly different shade of white than the body so, I'm going to shoot it with Testors One-Coat pearl white.

More soon!

r94jv4.jpg

I thought you had disappeared into that paint booth, Donn. Glad you came up for air. Great to hear from you. Yeah, it was about time I kicked myself out of the couch and started back on the builds. Granted, this one is not shiny, but we'll get back on track before you know it.

I love those Primanti Bros. sandwiches. Man, I had 2 the first time I went there, which happened to be the last.

Stay tuned for some progress pics.

Chris, that is looking very good. Keep it coming.

Here's some progress, almost ready for primer, but I still have a few bits and pieces to work over. My plan is to primer early tomorrow, then work on the chassis, primer that too, and then it's painting and assembly. The clock is ticking says EYEGORE! :lol:

012-vi.jpg

013-vi.jpg

014-vi.jpg

My frame got modified, engine mounts scratch built and tranny mount moved foreward. Body got its door lines scraped and it received inner fenders from the 5window and also a nice rolled pan in the rear. The dash was filled, so it is smooth for the PE panel. Interior panels are modified to fit the different body. The 32 rear end was cut up and combined with the Quickchange from the Red Baron and some radius rords from a diecast Tbucket.

Frame and body are primered and the engine and interior did receive a coat of paint.

I am pleading for some help with the wiring/plumbing of the engine. More specific the carburators. Any references would be greatly appreciated. Even if someone can tell me what carburators are represented supposedly on that engine, so I can do some research for myself.

Thanks in advance.

Even Windows 7 installed smoothly. Got the whole build done, and videos will get a quick edit and I will post from the new machine.

Not close to a model, as no cutting was done on this one, I will take a system image and then the tweaks will begin.

SPACE BANDIT!

Intakes & Thrusters...

DSCN2956B.jpg

I smoothed most of the bodywork and added the 4 Intakes on and under the hood.

DSCN2948B.jpg

The holes for the Horizontal Thrusters have been cut into the Thruster Pods.

DSCN2951B.jpg

Here is the 2nd Tirebird body. The front end, roof, and wheel flares have been removed.

Working on making an access hatch to cover this opening next....

Cranky. Like your gremlin. can't wait to see some color on it.

Don't have a 3 day weekend but you did get me to pull out a kit that I had started and had been preped for paint. Its the Tom Daniel Sitnger dragster basically box stock - might wire the engine though. Got it painted today - its three tones.testors one shot gold in the front, one shot orange and the one shot red in the back, also got the chassis painted tamiya semigloss black.. Will clear it tomorrow and get the rest of the kit parts painted. One thing I love is fast drying paint and glue for the these projects.

Ira love this new project. Any thought on what color its going to be.

Cranky I think this is a great idea and it should happen more. Great way to get over the modelers block.

bobthehobbyguy