Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drift 32 Ford roadster *COMPLETED*

kingtoy

thats totally kool, its too bad the motor isnt filling in the compartment more. are you going to run a hood on it? maybe a built up V6 might be better? anyway this is a great project, something i want to do too!

Nah, it is going to be built without a hood. Well the real life motor is not that big. Plus, it is good to keep the weight down in a drifter for better balance.

Jeff, would your friend 'Jimmy' happen to be 'Fujimmy' here? If so, he does some amazing work with his JDM powerplants, and he's a pretty cool guy to boot (being an EagleKeeper helps too).

I absolutely love your concept, flies in the face of traditional convention and is just what is needed to keep both hobbies (1:1 and scale) fresh.

Jeff, would your friend 'Jimmy' happen to be 'Fujimmy' here? If so, he does some amazing work with his JDM powerplants, and he's a pretty cool guy to boot (being an EagleKeeper helps too).

I absolutely love your concept, flies in the face of traditional convention and is just what is needed to keep both hobbies (1:1 and scale) fresh.

Thank you, I love the idea too. It is weird to get inspired for a model from a song, LOL. I am just wondering what people will say once it really starts coming together and they see what it will finally look like. Will the people that like it now still like it.

As for Jimmy, it could be. I think he is here, but I am not sure what his ID name is. He really likes to make detailed engines from scratch. His work is excellent and I have bought several copies of his stuff. I will use one of his motors whenever I get the chance.

Jimmy is an Air Force F-15 Eagle crew chief. just went back to Japan for another tour, after completing crash inspection training down in Texas. He does some really nice JDM motors and builds to put them in.

Yeah, that sounds like him. :)

Very cool. Rod and Custom had an article about toyota four bangers. However it didn't seen to catch on. Looking forward to seeing this completed. Any idea what color this is going to be? bobthehobbyguy

Possibly lavender or some kind of purple. I will know when I see it. It will need to go with the big anime decal that will cover the trunk, the sponsor decals on the cowl and doors, the big graphic that will run down both sides and the carbon fiber that will be on the doors and wings.

yeah it really is gonna end up looking nice, and very unique too...

i thought maybe the motor was made by fujimmy, man its superdetailed and i bet every boss and bump is exactly where its supposed to be.

i am not surprised to hear he is something like a jet aircraft technician, just seems right. and then if he is over in japan he is seeing the JDM cars all over the place!

alright man looking kool for sure.

Welcome Jeff...its nice that you brought this one over with you. Sorry for not posting sooner, but I've been pretty busy this weekend...you know why ;) ;) ;)

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, and yes I know why. I have been staying pretty busy on it and made some really solid progress.

I finished modifying the dash last night and I am trying to finish making the digital datalogger display that will sit on the dash for the gauges. I hope it comes looking like something close.

I also finished the front brakes and installed them and finished the last of the chassis. All that is left is finish some more on the engine and it can be mated to the chassis.

The only other major hurdle I have to tackle is making the floor for the rest of the body. Once that is done it is time to start laying paint and final assembly.

Here are some pics of the dash. I cut out the center of it with the radio and gauge cluster. I replaced it with a smooth piece of plastic and I will mount the digital datalogger gauge in the center. You can also see where I finished converting it to right hand drive. I will post pics of that tomorrow when it's done and maybe the whole unit together. :D :D :D

DSCI0091.jpgDSCI0089.jpg

Well I finished the dash. I now have one piece that has color on it, WOO HOO!

Here is the final color, which is purple, and the digital datalogger gauge panel I put on it. I hope it look somewhat accurate and people can tell what it is, not some design or something in the middle of the dash.

DSCI0096.jpg

Sorry it is so blurry.