Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Phone Humor

speaking of phone humor...this happened several years ago

we had just moved into a new house in a new city and we'd hooked up are landline with a new number

well, as everyone knows the phonecompany recycles phone numbers and the number we got must have belonged to a person who had some issues paying his bills on time because we had debt collectors call at least once a week

well, the first dozen times or so i tried explaning the cituation and that they had the wrong guy but they just kept calling

i got so sick of it that everytime the called for this guy (or anyone else who didnt live there) i would tell them they couldnt come to the phone because they were passed out drunk in the back yard

one faithfull day i was going about my buisness when the phone rang

i awnsered the call and there was a guy looking for Melissa

i'd never heard of her so i gave my standard reply, she can't come to the phone because she's passed out drunk in the back yard

there was a slight pause and then in a furious voice the caller yelled at me: YOU LET MY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER GET DRUNK???

i dont think i ever ended a phonecall that quickly

lol

At one time my brother had a land line modem. It was only for the computer, but he had a phone connected to occasionally check the line.

When ever he'd get a call on that line he'd answer with the local radio station's call letters, he'd say "This is K### and our topic for today is sex and the single girl. What are your thoughts caller?"

Everyone hung up on that. No repeat calls. LOL

Later my parents got a new number in a new town. It formally was for a bail bondsman. After weeks of trying to explain to the callers, calling at all times of the night, that it was no longer belonged to a bail bondsman and trying to get the bondsman himself to make it known to the public, my father started answering late night calls with a prerecorded message, "I'm sorry this number has been changed due to the bondsman being inprisioned for bail fraud. If you still wish to contact him please call ***-**** ex*** (Jail number and extension)." The calls stopped within two or three weeks. He was fortunate the bondsman never heard of this. LOL

Edited by darquewanderer

I got a phone number that had belonged to a woman from Poland who had move to New Zealand and conned a hospital into believing that she was a licensed psychiatrist. Then she released a psycho who promptly went home and decapitated his girlfriend.

The "doctor" then changed her name and moved to my town here in the US and proceeded to con a local hospital into letting her work there. After about a year she was busted for shoplifting at a local JC Penney and the whole web of lies started to unravel.

Of course she owed lots of people money and they all called my number looking for her. It's been ten years and I STILL get calls from her bill collectors. And of course they don't believe me when I tell them that she was deported back to Poland.

And oh yeah, did I mention that "she" was actually a "he"?

A truly bizarre story - more here http://www.nzherald....objectid=584840

Edited by Nitro Neil