Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Galaxie replica from the book of sin

sinicle

I built this as a replica of my cousin's first car back in the 70's. It was a 1 month build, rushed because it was a surprise birthday present based on information that I got from her husband. he told me that besides of having the stock maroon paint with vinyl top, maroon interior, it had a dent in the driver's door, she had to start it with a spoon (I love my family), bought it for $300, and she called it the "Bomb". taking all that, this is what I built:

iphone2050.jpg

iphone2041.jpg

iphone2042.jpg

iphone2044.jpg

iphone2049.jpg

thanks guys for all the great feedback!

Inspired builds, next to restos are IMHO, the best ones out there. I'm a sucker for a good story and most inspired builds, like this one. have them. Great job. Any 1:1 pics of the real car??

no I don't. I built the whole thing from discription. the cool part is she posted pics of it on her facebook and her friends that knew her back then, thought she had posted pics of her ACTUAL car. they all say it's dead on. I'm just glad it worked out so well. :D

Inspired builds, next to restos are IMHO, the best ones out there. I'm a sucker for a good story and most inspired builds, like this one. have them. Great job. Any 1:1 pics of the real car??

sorry, no pics. I built it on discription