Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who attaches the bodys permnently to the frame ?

most of the kits i have finished dont need any glue to hold the body to the chassis.

the revell 510 im about to finish might need it. but ill use bit of blu tack instead of glue. this way if i choose to change out the wheels, i wont damage the body or chassis.

Maybe an additional aspect of that original question is how many consider their builds finished and leave them alone once done, and how many raid parts from or rework their "finished" models?

For me, once it is done, it is done. No raiding, no reworking, unless it gets damaged... I button them up for good, but as mentioned, if the chassis is engineered to fit without cement, no need to use it.

Nope ,

My cars travel too much for that , I can always take a car apart and repair any damage due to whatever mishap might occur . Can't do that if the body is glued to the frame .

Judges shouldn't be handling cars at the shows in any way , shape , or form ! Wait for it , wait for it , here comes the firestorm !!! Lol !

Nope ,

My cars travel too much for that , I can always take a car apart and repair any damage due to whatever mishap might occur . Can't do that if the body is glued to the frame .

Judges shouldn't be handling cars at the shows in any way , shape , or form ! Wait for it , wait for it , here comes the firestorm !!! Lol !

If you use 5 minute epoxy for your builds, you'll eliminate most needs for repairs. I know that the epoxy is expensive and there is waste, but I never take a repair kit with me anymore to shows, club meetings, NNL's, etc..

If you use 5 minute epoxy for your builds, you'll eliminate most needs for repairs. I know that the epoxy is expensive and there is waste, but I never take a repair kit with me anymore to shows, club meetings, NNL's, etc..

If I were to take one of your models and one of mine , hold them at the same height and then drop them onto a show table , there would be similar and dissimilar results .

First off , you would want to choke me , as I would you , were you to do this to one of my cars ! Similar , correct ? Lol !

Second , both cars would be lying in pieces on the table , once again , similar results !

Third , which is dissimilar , my parts would only break at the glue joints and would be quite repairable . Yours , on the otherhand , would break at the weakest point of the plastic , rendering quite a few of the parts to be beyond redemption .

Sick as it may sound , I literally tried this as an experiment . Hence , the reason I only use Plastizap for overall constuction and Plastruct for the installation of my glass parts . I have also found that 5 minute epoxy has a tendency to yellow over time . I only use it on occasion , mostly for my gauge faces or a stubborn part that has a bit of warpage to it .

As I always say , " To each there own " . Just one man's opinion !

Nope ,

Donn I think that was my favorite part of that DvD...the end commentary..I watched it 3 times in a row..it was great lol..but you're right...they didnt build it...hands off!