Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 camaro wagon

brett

Thanks guys , Ever have one of those models whose fate it seems is to meet the wall at high velocity ? For me it seems to be Revells 69 camaros. the baldwin motion fought me and so is this one. Every thing fits well in mock ups everything looks good, but come final assembly and it wont go together. All of a sudden it cant slide forwards enough for the rear wheel inner wells to fit inside the rear wheel arches. It beat me ,today, tomorrow I'll have another go at it. Heres how it looks now

DSCF8041-4.jpg

DSCF8040-4.jpg

DSCF8043-6.jpg

DSCF8044-3.jpg

Some Vertical Caddy Tail Lights would fit the bill.... like the ones from Cadzilla. This would allow you room for your tailgate.

If you want to go with the 69 tail lights you could probably shrink them down and move them inboard some and that will give you the clearance you need for your tailgate as well.

Nice project, though Brett good to see you thinking outside of the box and building something that isn't of the norm per say! Keep up the great work!

DSCF8084.jpg

these are the tail lights I'm using although they have been slimmed down a bit for a better fit. The tailgate so far is not the problem, the chassis does not want to fit inside the body, which is a problem I found on my Baldwin Motion build. It has fit previously in mockups so I know it will go, it just frustrates me that this kinda stuff always happens at final assembly. And although some have come close I havent harmed a model fataly yet.

A truly great conversion! Don't let the chassis fitmit bother you, these things can take a great deal of flexing, just use cauton. I wish I had thought of that conversion myself. Great color, choice of car, and great execution of a beautiful model!