Model Cars Magazine Forum

RAT ROD GRIND HOUSE

As I've stated before, I'm not really into the unfinished weld/rusted look. But I thought I would share this for those that do. I have been contimplating geting this to try and save and finish for a wile now. It has a pretty interesting story, the guy who started it got this far and his shop was burned, and so was his project. post-3829-0-76318200-1329762111_thumb.jp The guy who has a small wrecking yard here in town has alot of great stuff on the back line. He swapped the guy out for a stock cab and 100 bucks. post-3829-0-52633000-1329762120_thumb.jp

I would love to try and get this strate and flat black it. Find some 50's car to rob the back half for a box

How about twin hillmans...maybe turbo charged flat head 4 bangers anyone ??? post-3829-0-62920700-1329762130_thumb.jp

I stopped geting the rat mags when they turned into nothing but rockabilly/tattoo convention coverage partys.

:lol: I agree to some extent. But I still pick up a rag now and then off the rack when I find something cool inside.

Todays economy really doesn't allow the fast changes to the hobby of the past. Back then magazines had lots to pick from to fill an issue. Each issue had plenty of new rods in it. But today, fewer are building and many are talking their time. Rods are being kept longer by the owners which means the "new stuff" that we brought the rags for, are fewer and farther between. In my opinion.

:lol: I agree to some extent. But I still pick up a rag now and then off the rack when I find something cool inside.

Todays economy really doesn't allow the fast changes to the hobby of the past. Back then magazines had lots to pick from to fill an issue. Each issue had plenty of new rods in it. But today, fewer are building and many are talking their time. Rods are being kept longer by the owners which means the "new stuff" that we brought the rags for, are fewer and farther between. In my opinion.

I agree with thet time issue, I would almost rather see those as a 6 or even 4 issue a year type of deal. give them time to get some good content built up.

Good point !!!

Speaking of faux-tina, I spotted this in front of one of the numerous antique shops near my house the other day. It's a combination of faux and real patina. They even faux-tina'd the steel wheels. Love it!

72GMCStepside1-1.jpg

Edited by Nate

I really don't have anything to say about rats.. you either like em or you don't. This is a pic of my 63 F-100 I'm rebuilding for the sixth time since 95, its had everything from a perfect red paint job to what it is now, baremetal..and I guess this will be its last new suit by me. Everyone who sees it ask "what color are you going to paint it?" my answer is "its done" and thats when the fan really gets full.

gallery_5252_383_31018.jpg

Edited by Coker Creek Speed Shop

• 7 months later...

I'm glad too that this is back. Whatever you want to label them, these are all about creativity and individuality (even though many act as inspiration for other builds .. just like hod rods in the '50's!) Cars are about fun for me and these ARE fun to see! :)

• 2 weeks later...