Model Cars Magazine Forum

where to buy flocking

So i did a quick search for "flocking & hobby lobby" hoping to be able to find my answer...but no such luck.

My question is does anyone know where on hobby lobby the flocking is? I asked 3 sales people and they all had different answers. One said it was a holiday thing and the others just lead me around on a goose chase. I walked up and down all the isles and i know that most of the hobby lobbies are set up in the same fashion.

I tried Micheals and they only had the Martha Stewart glitter stuff.

I'm trying to not buy it off the internet so i can save &&&. Thanks in advance Earle

I've shopped at Hobby lobby more times than I can remember, but I've never seen flocking there. I doubt they carry it.

The person who told you it was a holiday thing probably thought you meant flocking for Christmas trees... you know, that "fake snow" stuff you spray on Christmas trees and windows.

The Michaels here in Ocala Fl. carries the Martha Stewart glitter stuff but they also have flocking in 4oz. containers

The label says "Recollections Flocking Powder". The label on the back says distributed by Michael's Stores, Inc.

I just picked up some black, white, blue and Walnut.

Nada at Hobby Lobby.

I had to ask a salesperson but they found it.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Earle, look in the "Stamping" section of either Hobby Lobby, AC Moore or Michaels and you should find it. As far as kit selection, good luck with Hobby Lobby there in Fayetteville, their selection has always been light. If you want a good selection, try Hayes Hobby House on Elm Street (In the Eutaw Shopping Center on Bragg Blvd). Talk to Mike Starling, he's the model guru, and a heck of a good guy. Tell him Mike sent ya and see if he gives you my 10% off discount!

Edited by Custom Mike

Never knew Hayes carried it there.

I've asked a few questions a few times and seems like I was asking to much and was bothering them, so now I just go and get what i need and leave. If they have it i get it..if not i find another source.

I don't know maybe it was bad timing those few days. VR Earle

Save the gas and get Ken's Fuzzi Fur from Scale Dreams.

That's where I have most of mine from.

pic002.jpg

Actually, you don't really need that many shades, since flocking can be mixed very well. Those are shades I mixed myself:

pic003.jpg

Edited by Junkman

Never knew Hayes carried it there.

I've asked a few questions a few times and seems like I was asking to much and was bothering them, so now I just go and get what i need and leave. If they have it i get it..if not i find another source.

I don't know maybe it was bad timing those few days. VR Earle

Look for Mike, he's almost always on the left side of the store, but he's off on Thursdays. The RC guys in there will give you that look until they get to know you. Heck, I've been going there for nearly a decade and they still look at me funny. Maybe it's because I don't but their expensive toys, who knows.

Mike carries a bit of flocking, but you'd do better getting it from Hobby Lobby or Michaels, it's cheaper there too.

The Michaels here in Ocala Fl. carries the Martha Stewart glitter stuff but they also have flocking in 4oz. containers

The label says "Recollections Flocking Powder". The label on the back says distributed by Michael's Stores, Inc.

I just picked up some black, white, blue and Walnut.

Nada at Hobby Lobby.

I had to ask a salesperson but they found it.

I was in Michael's on Sunday and they had this on clearance for $1.79! I bought two bottles of the black and figure I have plenty of flocking for awhile now! I found it in the scrapbooking section right near all of the glitter and stamps.