Model Cars Magazine Forum

L.E.D question

I'm planning a huge build soon that involves L.E.D lighting. I have seen a few builds on here that has L.E.Ds on them and was wondering where i could find super small L.E.Ds. The local electronics store only carries 3mm L.E.Ds and those are way too big for what im planning. I think i have how ever seen a 1mm L.E.D but i can't remeber where it was. If someone could post a place to buy these 1mm L.E.Ds that would be very helpful. Thank you for your time.

have you thought about using regular size LED's as a light source for fiber optics instead? They are very small and flexible, and if you need them in colors they come in colors too. You can literally add lighting anywhere - headlights, taillights, turn signals, fog lights, gauges, license plate lights, heck even for making twinkling stars in a diorama scene. Check out this seller's items on ebay, the guy has a lot of different things that you'll need (click on an auction and scroll down to see everything, he explains it all too):

http://www.ebay.com/...sid=p4340.l2562

Examples:

LED-Fibre-Optic-Hotwheels-Car.jpg

Click link for more videos of LED fiber optic kits installed on 1/18 diecasts (of course they will work for 1/24 & 1/25 cars too):

http://www.autoblog....ting-kits-ever/

Edited by TurboKitty

Umm ... I don't see any Harry, is there such a thing as 1mm led?? I would go with the optic cord also.

• 2 years later...

This question might be old but if anybody looking for small led you must go to Evan Designs.com. There are couple of way to light these led 9v or Small Coin Cell. Here are light smaller than 3mm. 1.Chip 2.Nano 3.Pico. These are the smallest out there..

post-9749-0-69297800-1395992881_thumb.jp