Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 gto judge

jdmfan

I just finished it up this morning. The paint is tamiya orange with clear pearl the clear orange the clear . I opened up the front grills and put mesh in them and painted the chrome black. I scratch built part of the air filter , wired up the motor . and made a fuel preasure regulator . The wheels aer from a nissan 350z nizmo kit .

Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, ....WRONG in every way to be a judge! (im not going to point out ALL the wrong things on it...list would be wwwwaaayyyy to long)

what can i say ....im a GTO fanatic......my dad owned a 68' and im still looking for it!....one thing though....the color looks like it but it is not orange!....its "CAROUSEL RED"!

I think it looks good and who cares if it isn't carousel red or whatever color its supposed to be. it looks good and thats all that matters. i hate people that criticize

thanks for the good comments guys. i dont mind criticism . But to say its all wrong wrong wrong and he could make a list way to long to list . Come on give me a break its a model and not a real car and i build models how id like to see them not box stock . If everyone here built every car box stock and stock colors it would be one boring site and there wouldnt be much to look at becides the same cars over and over . Edited by jdmfan

Looks cool man, and don't worry about critisicm, it will only make you a better builder, I bet the next one you do will look much better. I am sure he didn't say that to make you feel bad even though I think he should have gone about it a little better.

I for one consider myself more old school, your choice of rims looks cool but I personally would have gone another route but hey, this is how you and some other people like it and that's what matters.

Color choice is also beautiful even though I would have preferred a non metallic color but again, it does look great. One little word of advice, try working on your panel lines, they really do make a model stand out. These are little issues that we all here learn with time and if I tell you that it all looks perfect, I don't think I would be helping you. You have great potential to be an outstanding modeler. The engine bay by the way? Looks phenomenal!! ;)

Just my two cents worth, but I like it. Sure, there are a couple of things I would have done differently if it were my build... but it isn't MINE, it's Chris's. My only real problem with it is that the stripes are about 4" scale too far back for a stock build but then, this ISN'T a stock build, now is it? I'm more old school as far as rolling stock goes, but these don't look nearly as "wrong" as many that I've seen on GTO's (We have a purple one in my area jacked up, "Donk"-style, on rims that have to be at least 26"!) In fact, after going back for another look-see at the model, I kinda LIKE em'! That engine room looks great, and I like the black-out trim around the windows too. I think I would have done the rear bumper in body color to go along with the Endura front bumper - all that black out back just looks a little heavy-handed to me. Still, it looks like one great Goat to me!