Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

I want to build

Romell R

Hey fellas I been rolling this idea around in my head I want to build either a shop or a pit area for the 1/16th scale ProMod Im currently building. I have no idea if I can even get supplys for such a build , like tools equipment etc... Is there a website that sells stuff? Can anyone help to steer me in the right direction? And if you have a pit area or shop dio youd like to show here in this thread please feel free to do so...

If you cant find stuff for it why not build your own. Here are some pieces I made for a shop dio I'm working on.

Tool boxes and cabinets.

projects054.jpg

Acetylene torch cart.

misc006-1.jpg

Engine hoist, and stand.

misc001-1.jpg

Here they are painted.

projects006-1.jpg

Heck that is half the fun. Just measure the full size piece you want, and scale it down.

One more pic for ya. A overall shot. BTW this is 1/87th scale.

misc001-3.jpg

Edited by Mercman

I agree Rom, create your own. Here's an overall shot of my dio where alot of stuff is scratchbuilt.

OverallViewL.jpg

Thats a nice Dio Brad Good Job and Id love to see more of it. And good job on those scartch built parts Junior. Yeah theres no doubt that I will scratch build things as I go but im just looking for anything that will make the job lighter. My good buddy Chuck aka RatNasty is gonna help me out with a few chioce items to get me rollin in the right direction. Much thanks to all you guys for your help. B)

Rom here is a pit scene I did about 5 years ago. Its 1/24 but many things can be scratchbuilt for 1/16 or larger scales like battery chargers etc.. I scratched out the Pro Jack stands from round tube from pics I found on the internet. There are 1/18 tools available that would work for 1/16.models2239.jpgmodels2224.jpgmodels2227.jpgmodels2231.jpgmodels2240.jpg

I love it Darryl simply a work of art....

Here's a couple more pix of my diorama. Some of the scratch built items include the dyno, wash sink, water cooler, blue cabinet with the partially open doors, pegboard, office counter, cash register and aluminum chair in the office. Two of the shelving unit upstairs were built to the same proportions as the ones from the Fujimi kit so that all four match. All of the lights work includig the trouble light on the floor.

IMG_7319sm.jpg

IMG_7323sm.jpg

IMG_7327sm.jpg

IMG_7330sm.jpg