Model Cars Magazine Forum

Many truck kits started, none completed yet, builders block perhaps?

• 7 years later...

Like most everyone else. I have the same situation going on here. I actually have models I started back in the early 80's .

That for whatever reason. Have not been finished . In reality I like the time spent at the workbench and don't worry so

much about the finished project. Besides there are not that many people that will ever see my built model in person anyway.

Keep on keep'in on !

Be Well

Gator

Here we go, an update after 10 years! See, I never get rid of a model :-)

Bison - I got the trailer completed except for decals and tail lights. I've found all the parts for the cab so that should be showing some progress soon.

AMT_1971_Chevrolet_Bison_10.jpg

Kenworth T-900 "Australia" - Got some paint on this one, Testors Lime Ice.

RoG_Kenworth_Australia_11.jpg

No progress on the other ones I had previously listed, let's just say I've collected all the parts I've scattered over the years. I have started some new ones though.

Freightliner COE SD - Painted Testors Electric Pink, this will transport a load of 1970 Dodge Chargers, Super Bee, and a  Challenger in the high impact colors, that is why I painted it electric pink.

AMT_1971_Freightliner_SD_11.jpg

Kenworth Aerodyne COE - Painted Tamiya Bright Orange, this will be a companion piece to the K123 That will be hauling the AMT Exterior Post Van in Interstate livery.

AMT_Kenworth_Aerodyne_COE_02.jpg

Kenworth Aerodyne Conventional - Revell snap kit. This one sure looks big compared to the RoG T900. This is painted Testors Revving Red.

Revell_Kenworth_Aerodyne_03.jpg

I have a couple more of the AMT Freightliner SD/DD kits, one is the 75th anniversary with the Consolidated Freight decals. So an ambitious project I have planned is to build a DD with sleeper cab triple trailer. I picked up two of the double header trailer kits so I have three plus two boogie (if this is the right term) axles for it. Of course if board wisdom tells me CF never ran the DD with sleeper with triples then I'll just build one of the Freightliners as an SD no sleeper cab. I do know they ran a few of them with triples basically through Nevada back in the day. The other will be built as a DD with sleeper but not with CF markings.

Well, that's all the updates I got so far, thanks for looking.

3 hours ago, RDean58 said:

Here we go, an update after 10 years! See, I never get rid of a model ?

Bison - I got the trailer completed except for decals and tail lights. I've found all the parts for the cab so that should be showing some progress soon.

AMT_1971_Chevrolet_Bison_10.jpg

Kenworth T-900 "Australia" - Got some paint on this one, Testors Lime Ice.

RoG_Kenworth_Australia_11.jpg

No progress on the other ones I had previously listed, let's just say I've collected all the parts I've scattered over the years. I have started some new ones though.

Freightliner COE SD - Painted Testors Electric Pink, this will transport a load of 1970 Dodge Chargers, Super Bee, and a  Challenger in the high impact colors, that is why I painted it electric pink.

AMT_1971_Freightliner_SD_11.jpg

Kenworth Aerodyne COE - Painted Tamiya Bright Orange, this will be a companion piece to the K123 That will be hauling the AMT Exterior Post Van in Interstate livery.

AMT_Kenworth_Aerodyne_COE_02.jpg

Kenworth Aerodyne Conventional - Revell snap kit. This one sure looks big compared to the RoG T900. This is painted Testors Revving Red.

Revell_Kenworth_Aerodyne_03.jpg

I have a couple more of the AMT Freightliner SD/DD kits, one is the 75th anniversary with the Consolidated Freight decals. So an ambitious project I have planned is to build a DD with sleeper cab triple trailer. I picked up two of the double header trailer kits so I have three plus two boogie (if this is the right term) axles for it. Of course if board wisdom tells me CF never ran the DD with sleeper with triples then I'll just build one of the Freightliners as an SD no sleeper cab. I do know they ran a few of them with triples basically through Nevada back in the day. The other will be built as a DD with sleeper but not with CF markings.

Well, that's all the updates I got so far, thanks for looking.

Does it really matter if CF did or did not had a DD with sleeper? Build it the way you want or dream and call it a "what if" or Phantom build. Unless you are dead set on making a copy of a real world 1:1, then have fun and build it the way you want or dream of. 

BTW, you have some really great trucks in the works. I really have to fight the urge to start new projects before I finish another, ADHD. However I just finished one today so I am free to start another. 

Yes DD Freightliner could be seen with triples inbred Oregon, Nevada routes.

Mainly a lot of the sleeper trucks worked multiple state routes along with some over night dry bulk runs.

Hope that helps a little. 

Go on the net and look up

Consolidated Freight Ways truck images. 

Found a few pics there.