Model Cars Magazine Forum

Zokusha CelicaXX: Beyond Shakotan..

LAone

• 2 weeks later...

thanks shane.

i have been working on this for a bit now. gotten plenty done. now its down to the details.

it's been clear coated, trim has been painted, decaled, interior has base color, chassis is painted, wheels have some color and the exhaust has been painted as well.

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

• 1 month later...

thanks guys.

a few weeks ago i started to weather up some of the chassis and interior pieces with a quick wash. did the same on the star pipes, dont know if you can see it though. ill be adding some more to it later today.

the wheel centers were painted with titanium gold and the taillight lenses were done with tamiya clear red through my airbrush. that was a first for me and well, ill never go back to hand brushing them. too much of a hassle.

i also finished the front brakes and sprayed the "carpet" part blue (not pictured). im going to button up the front tonight and flock the carpet on as well.

photo10.jpg

this wednesday night

all my plans for doing what i said went out the window when my OCD kicked in...i really hated how the front "cross member" and control arms looked like OOB. so i grabbed one from a fujimi ae86 kit and went to town on it..a few hours later i got what you see in the second pic.

bottom is celica OOB part..bland and boring, top is from fujimi ae86 kit. somwhat better detail. looks the part.

photo12.jpg

i started by cutting the oil pan details and skid plate. i also cut off the arms and trimmed them down. then i got some styrene and made some adjustments and voila, i got a better looking cross member and arms.

photo11.jpg

as of last night

chassis clearance, check

photo13.jpg

brakes, check

photo14.jpg

getting closer... :D

got an update on the interior. the front seats are glued in place. i used aoshima ae86 seats, ae86 shift boot, long shifter and gauge decal for the dash cluster. slapped some decals on the dash. dark blue flocking on rear deck sporting some pioneer ts-x11 speakers.

photo17.jpg

This is turning out really well. The decals really bring the paint scheme together. I don't like the crazy exhaust designs like the star, because to me it screams, "Lookit this restrictive exhaust tip lolwhut!", not that yours doesn't look good, I jsut don't care for those.

• 1 month later...