Model Cars Magazine Forum

87-93 mustang LX coupe/Hatch

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The LX Coupe Master is in Don's Hands, and is being readied for casting. I'm putting the finishing touches on a set of correct Taillights for it. I'll see if I can't get a more specific timeline from Don.

please let us all know .

• 4 weeks later...

OK guys .................. here's the LX Notch > Master

added Scripts & Badges ( photoetched )

Just a few more minor ( inner body ) finshing touches to smooth out

SHOULD have her in Rubber this wkd / next week

We will be offering just the Body Pkg ( shown )

for those who have the other misc fixings from the past 2 resin casters

( AAM & AFX ) for now

A variety of dif pkgs TBA soon

Keep you all posted

I'll try to upload a few images ( hope it works )

( AAM & AFX ) for now

Keep you all posted

Guess the UPLOAD didn't work , I'll try later

Gotta get back to Casting !!!!

:lol:

( AAM & AFX ) for now

Keep you all posted

Here are a few Pics

I'd have posted them earlier ..... been very / very busy this wkd ( pouring resin & packing orders ) :D

ENJOY !!!

1body_frt-vi.jpg

frt34-vi.jpg

sideleft-vi.jpg

TOPRr-vi.jpg

Funny you should mention that, the 99-04 GT is on the to-do list. I'm currently doing the research on it. a bullit edition is on the slate too. the big question in my mind is should we do the rear suspension parts as well or let the modeler kitbash as the Cobra has the independent rear end.

Well, the solid rear axle, etc can always be sourced from one of the '94-96 kits... those are pretty easy to find.

• 4 weeks later...

1st let me say hello since i am new to this forum. i currently have a coupe mustang and an svo and a 68 fastback.i was looking around to start building models of each. a friend of mine turned me onto this site. let me just say that i can't wait to get the order info for this coupe body.money in hand ready to buy.

truely awesome work . can't wait to get my hands on one.......paul

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Reliable Resin offers 'em up on eBay from time to time............I don't know if he sells them outright but you can contact him. The last auction for one was on Nov. 19th.

Here's the auction for the last one he sold.........

http://snipurl.com/7gkxl

He also has a website here, but I don't see it listed.

thanks, theres is none on the site, kinda sucks, next is ebay. thanks again

i skipped the ebay listing and bought a trans kit from RR on 9/30 . i can't give you a review since it hasn't shown up yet. apparently don has had some issues ,but i will post my thoughts once i finally recieve it........paul

update 12/08/08 i recieved the kit today ,and it is very nice. very clean details. the quarter window area is slightly off but could be modified quite easily. some small trimming and prep work and she'll be ready to go. the interior tub is also very nice. the product is awesome the only down side was the delivery time. if Don works out a more consistant time frame i wouldn't hesitate to buy many more.

Edited by allgosvo

• 9 months later...
i'm a newcomer to the forum and very much much looking forward to this resin body being produced and it sad to see it now being reduced to this ;) mr.bastedo is doing this off of his own blood, sweat and tears he's not a multimillion dollar corporation , this all reminds me of the AAR CUDA, just a while back when ,it was a letdown ,mr bastedo does not have access to the same tools as revell does ,would it be better for him to shelve it and for the rest of us to wait til god knows when for a model company to do one? doubt it! give him a break and like he said in a earlier post "it is not finished" let him finish then pass judgement.

Amen!! I have owned 4 Mustangs in my life. Most recently, a 94 GT. Before that, a 78 Mustang Cobra II, and 2 '88 LX Coupes. I bought an extra convertible just so I could build a coupe to look like the 1st car I ever bought with my own money. That project has kind of stumped me in how to get the convertible shaped to be accurate (enough) to pass as my old coupe. I am estatic that this project has been undertaken. :lol:

I realize that this post is probably old. I may even find that the conversion is finished, but I felt I needed to chime in here and congratulate you Darin on a great job. Although I love seeing the work in progress, I think you'd have been better off waiting until the project was practically finished or you ran into a snag and needed input to post pix. There is always someone who has a bit too much criticism for their own good.

If the project isn't already finished, keep up the awesome work. And if it is finished will someone let me know where to go to pick it up. Thanks ;)

edit: I am aware that it is finished now and I know where to find it. Although, I did not see one on Reliable Resin's website. Is it still available and if so, how much?

Edited by orionseesall76